AMCAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tco

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I completely understand what's going on with the AMCAS. Does everyone have to apply to it?

I'm looking at individual medical school's websites and it seems as if they have individual application fees. Is this the secondary application? If it's for the primary, do we pay the initial 160 dollars to the AMCAS (plus 30 extra for each school) and each school's primary application fee?

Sorry, I've been browsing through sites and skimming over pages of information but I haven't found any definitive answers. Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

The way it works is that you pay the intial $160 and then $30 per additional school. The fees you see are secondary fees and you pay these fees when you submit secondary applications.

Alright. Thank you very much for your quick response. That completely answers my question.

It seems like any way they can milk you, they will... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright. Thank you very much for your quick response. That completely answers my question.

It seems like any way they can milk you, they will... :(

yep, it's an expensive process