time md

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
For those of us applying for entrance in fall '10 when will we be able to begin our primary application?

How long does it take amcas to recieve your mcat score once you have taken the test?

Thanks.

aznb0y129

Oh hamburgers!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2008
Flushing, NY
Status
Medical Student
For those of us applying for entrance in fall '10 when will we be able to begin our primary application?

How long does it take amcas to recieve your mcat score once you have taken the test?

Thanks.
You can usually start your AMCAS in mid-May but not submit until early June.

Usually AMCAS receives the MCAT scores the same day or slightly earlier than you will, so roughly 30 days.

Forthegood

ProcrastinationAficionado
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2008
Lexington, KY
Status
Medical Student
If you are antsy, start writing your personal statement. There is no prompt. Just write whatever you want about yourself, preferably your story or something not in your application (ECs, GPA, Classes, etc are all in your app)

About the Ads

Darkshooter326

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
You can usually start your AMCAS in mid-May but not submit until early June.

Usually AMCAS receives the MCAT scores the same day or slightly earlier than you will, so roughly 30 days.

Write your personal statement. There is no prompt :rolleyes:, persay, except that you need to concisely describe why you want to be a doctor :laugh:

Sangria

10+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2008
Status
Medical Student
i agree that you can start writing your personal statement
I took the MCAT almost a year before I applied, therefore when I opened the application my scores were already there and i didn't have to create a new username

About the Ads