AMCAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psyc.lover

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How important is it to check the "I will take the MCAT over in August" box on the web application?
i heard that if you check it the schools won't look at your application until after they get the august scores. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by psyc.lover:
•How important is it to check the "I will take the MCAT over in August" box on the web application?
i heard that if you check it the schools won't look at your application until after they get the august scores. :confused: •••••are you going to take the august mcat? or is it depending on your april mcat scores?

If you won't know until you get your April scores, then just wait until your getthem before deciding and submitting AMCAS. If you plan to take the August mcat, you should check the box. Otherwise, they will assume you are complete and could reject you for your mcat score. If you plan on retaking the mcats, submit amcas early, even though they won't look at your application until your scores come in.

Members don't see this ad :)
i guess i'll wait on my scores but i thought submitting early would maybe help my chances. they will get my scores anyway. maybe im just worried. i cant help but feel that i did bad because the test was so hard and a little different from the pratice tests. so you guys say i should wait?

you'll only be waiting 2 weeks! I think most people wait to see their scores, I dunno