AMCAS Questions - Two Separate Summers at CC and Study Abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ap594

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two AMCAS questions:

1. I took a two classes at the same community college in the summers of 2006 and 2008. When I am filling out start/end dates, should I fill out two different "colleges" for each summer? If it matters, the first summer was through a program in my high school that gave us a scholarship to take CC classes so it was between my junior and senior years of high school (but I still got college credit that transferred to my current university).

2. I think I know what to do, but I just want to make sure I don't do it incorrectly before I start filling out my course work for each school. My study abroad program was in London but the classes were from my university and the class was taught by a professor from my university. The classes were held at a London university campus and we stayed in their dorms, but we were not enrolled in their system or anything. So, I should just check the study abroad box on my home university and that's it, right?

Thanks for the info - sorry if there is another AMCAS questions post.

Members don't see this ad.

Two AMCAS questions:

1. I took a two classes at the same community college in the summers of 2006 and 2008. When I am filling out start/end dates, should I fill out two different "colleges" for each summer? If it matters, the first summer was through a program in my high school that gave us a scholarship to take CC classes so it was between my junior and senior years of high school (but I still got college credit that transferred to my current university).

2. I think I know what to do, but I just want to make sure I don't do it incorrectly before I start filling out my course work for each school. My study abroad program was in London but the classes were from my university and the class was taught by a professor from my university. The classes were held at a London university campus and we stayed in their dorms, but we were not enrolled in their system or anything. So, I should just check the study abroad box on my home university and that's it, right?

Thanks for the info - sorry if there is another AMCAS questions post.

In regards to the community college classes, your start date should be when your first class started and your end date should be when your second class ended. It wouldn't look very organized to list a school twice, and it would probably only be appropriate if there was a significantly long gap in your education or if the separate listings were for different levels of education (undergrad, grad, etc.). I took community college classes at the same school in summers of '06, '07, and '09, and it seemed best to me to consolidate them into one listing.

As to study abroad through your university, I agree with your assumption that you should check the study abroad box on your home university.

Ah, thank you! Appreciate the help.