AMCAS repeated course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyEyesMesmerize

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I retook a course that I received a C in at another institution then do i designate this course as repeated? Also, which do you designate the repeat description to, the one with the lower grade that was repeated or the one with the higher grade?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a problem in AMCAS, too. I recieved a D in one of my classes and then I repeated class and got an A. It seemed that they counted both, A and D.

Yea i know they count both. But I'm wondering how you designate the course if its on a separate transcript.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is a quate from their Help "Grades and credit hours for all failed courses will be included in the AMCAS GPA, even if they are not included in the GPA calculations of the transcript-issuing institution." That's sucks!!!!!!!!!!

I think you enter courses chronologically :confused:

•••quote:•••Originally posted by MyEyesMesmerize:
•If I retook a course that I received a C in at another institution then do i designate this course as repeated? Also, which do you designate the repeat description to, the one with the lower grade that was repeated or the one with the higher grade?•••••I think the original poster's question is do you check the box that says repeated for the class that repeated or the repeat itself or both. I am not sure but I would say just the first one.

I marked the second class The higher grade) as the repeat one. Don't know if this is correct though.

In their roules, they says that they will count both, an A and D. I think that it is not fair to people who got screwed in a class and got a D or worse. That way their AMCAs grade will stay low and there is really nothing that can be done. the pupose of retaking the class is the fact you get the second chance.