AMCAS Runaround

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JIG

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
This is my first post on this board but I have been reading it for a while now and I would like to say what a good resource it is and how much i appreciate everyone's contributions.
About me- I am not applying to med school but my fiance is and I am acting as the spokesperson at this juncture. She submitted the app on 6/26, confirmed payment received on 6/26 and confrimed transcripts received on 6/05. All of that info was confrimed by several AMCAS reps. Not unlike many of you, the app has not yet been verified
I have called several of the more senior people at AMCAS and tried to find something out, and of course they have not been helpful. In addition, I have mentioned the variety of information (much of it mutually exclusive) that people have posted that they received from the helpline. The AMCAS people have dismissed my concerns about the (mis) information being propagated by the helpdesk by asking which reps gave me which info. When I cannot produce a name of a person to whom I talked, they say "I cannot address that concern"
So.....It would be great if, when people post about info they got from the help line, if they could include the name (first and last if possible) of the person who gave them the info. That would make it a bit easier to hold AMCAS responsible for the information it gives out.
Thank you and good luck in this process.... hang in there everyone........

Members don't see this ad.

Th rudest person I hhave talked to at AMCAS is Mark. He was rude and started to call pre-meds names. I reported him.

The lady I talked to yesterday was named Dee. She was the one that told me the information that can be read on the link I have included.
This is actually a good idea and I hope others post the names of the people they talk to.
http://www.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=003653