1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

AMCAS security and questions

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by FisherKing, Jul 2, 2001.

1. FisherKing

FisherKing Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Is anyone else having security problems with AMCAS online? I.e., no encryption? I can't feel comfortable sending my SSN over an unsecure site....

Is there a paper or disk version of AMCAS available for 2002 applicants?

Am I really too late to be competitive? I heard July 1 or August 1 is the deadline to have any hope. Your thoughts?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This was one of my original concerns, especially when you realize that you're sending more than just your SSN over the lines. Your entire application is subject to perusal by anyone with the know-how. But if AMCAS can't spring for a toll-free number, they're certainly not going to put encryption into their budget. You just have to hope for the best. And no, there is no paper- or disk-based method to do your app. That makes too much sense, although we all wish they'd have given us that option.

And considering AMCAS states that July 15 is when they 'hope' to start sending applications to med schools, I think you're in a pretty good position.

Andrew

4. 0099900

0099900 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

How come I'm always the last to know? :(

5. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

They sent out an email to everyone who logged into the system about that July 15th date I believe.