AMCAS security and questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FisherKing

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having security problems with AMCAS online? I.e., no encryption? I can't feel comfortable sending my SSN over an unsecure site....

Is there a paper or disk version of AMCAS available for 2002 applicants?

Am I really too late to be competitive? I heard July 1 or August 1 is the deadline to have any hope. Your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

This was one of my original concerns, especially when you realize that you're sending more than just your SSN over the lines. Your entire application is subject to perusal by anyone with the know-how. But if AMCAS can't spring for a toll-free number, they're certainly not going to put encryption into their budget. You just have to hope for the best. And no, there is no paper- or disk-based method to do your app. That makes too much sense, although we all wish they'd have given us that option.

And considering AMCAS states that July 15 is when they 'hope' to start sending applications to med schools, I think you're in a pretty good position.

Andrew

Originally posted by ajr:

And considering AMCAS states that July 15 is when they 'hope' to start sending applications to med schools, I think you're in a pretty good position.

Andrew•

How come I'm always the last to know? :(

Originally posted by 0099900:
•How come I'm always the last to know? :(

They sent out an email to everyone who logged into the system about that July 15th date I believe.