AMCAS - Start and End dates, number of hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HotHamH2O

Turn on the fire hose and open wide!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been playing guitar, bass guitar, and piano for 16 years.
1) How do I properly specify this in date range? It's an ongoing thing without an end date.
2) With things like hobbies and artistic endeavors, the hours vary greatly. I don't have a running tally of how many hours I've spent playing and performing music. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

I just made hobbies and side activities as a separate activity entry and just listed them. It helps to have something substantial, such as "played in band X" or performed at XYZ, etc. Just keep it as until present.

Make a realistic average estimate of your time spent per week for your art activities.

I have been playing guitar, bass guitar, and piano for 16 years.
1) How do I properly specify this in date range? It's an ongoing thing without an end date.
2) With things like hobbies and artistic endeavors, the hours vary greatly. I don't have a running tally of how many hours I've spent playing and performing music. What should I do?

I called AMCAS to verify what to do about entering ongoing activities and was told to enter August 2014 for this cycle.