AMCAS still not verified? Submitted Early July

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fneverforget

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my application in early July and I reached "Ready for Review Status" on July 11th. However my AMCAS still has not been verified. Looking on AMCAS's website it says "AMCAS is processing apps that reached "Ready for Review" status as of July 2". July 2, why is it that far behind?

Looking at previous threads in previous years, people said that if they "reached ready for review status" by early July they were verified in Early August.

At this rate, I think my AMCAS application won't be verified until Aug 22. I have already prewritten most of my secondaries, so I should be able to complete my application as soon as I get most of my secondaries, but is this too late? In other words is reaching "Ready for Review Status on July 11th" considered too late for this year?

I am starting to freak out a little.

Members don't see this ad.

Let me get this straight. You submitted your app within 30 days of the start of the cycle and you're scared that you might be too late?

:laugh:

^^ People are getting interview invites already. lol, I am sacred. Should I be? A lot of people submitted earlier than me and are already verified and complete at most schools. I don't have the strongest numbers 3.8/30, so yes I am sacred. If I had a 3.8/36, I might not have to worry but with a 30, I do have to worry.

Plus I reached ready for review status as of July 11th. Amcas is still processing applications that reached ready for review status as of July 2. Which means I might not be verified until Aug 22.

Members don't see this ad :)
What day did you submit? I can promise you that they'll get to you eventually. The majority of applicants don't even submit until at least August, so stop worrying.

We have no control over it, best thing to do is start prewriting secondaries.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ People are getting interview invites already. lol, I am sacred. Should I be? A lot of people submitted earlier than me and are already verified and complete at most schools. I don't have the strongest numbers 3.8/30, so yes I am sacred. If I had a 3.8/36, I might not have to worry but with a 30, I do have to worry.

Plus I reached ready for review status as of July 11th. Amcas is still processing applications that reached ready for review status as of July 2. Which means I might not be verified until Aug 22.

lol OP i understand why ur scared. me and you aren't like all the other superstar applicants on SDN. I think you'll be ok. Like it was mentioned, most people don't submit until august. just cross you fingers and don't worry about it

You might be behind everyone that submitted in June, but at least you are pre-writing you secondaries. Most applicants have no idea what SDN is, so they are just twiddling their thumbs until they are verified and have received the secondary prompts. You on the other hand will be able to submit the day you get secondaries, bumping you in front of basically anyone that submitted ~two weeks before you.

Also, there is nothing you can do not so chill.

I feel your pain OP, a few of my co-workers are starting to talk about their interview invites. Finish the rest of your secondaries and do something to take your mind off of the process.

I'm a real novice here and not applying for a year or two or three, but what's involved to get verified? Why would it take 4-6+ weeks? What are they waiting for, assuming transcripts and MCAT scores are already submitted.

And what else should I be doing/knowing? So much to learn. i.e. discovered at least LORs need to come from a BCPM professor. Thanks!

U'll be fine! most people are still only working on the AMCAS....you still have plenty of time to get your interviews.

good luck!!:luck:

I'm a real novice here and not applying for a year or two or three, but what's involved to get verified? Why would it take 4-6+ weeks? What are they waiting for, assuming transcripts and MCAT scores are already submitted.

They compare the grades you entered into AMCAS to the ones on your transcript and make sure the letter grade, credits, and class designation are correct. There are a lot of applicants and not that many verifiers so it takes a bit of time.