AMCAS still not verified

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medical22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my AMCAS application the first week of August and it's not the fourth month and it still hasn't been verified. Isn't it supposed to take only 4 to 6 wks?

Any one else in the same position? My applications cannot be reviewed until its verified.

Members don't see this ad.

dude you're screwed.
jk, but i highly advise you to call amcas asap to find out what's going on. it shouldn't take this long. perhaps your transcripts are missing or misinformation on your application?

Definately call. That's way too long. I submitted mine at the end of July and it was verified in 4 weeks. Somethings wrong with your app if it's taking that long!!!!!!!!:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a difference between processed and verified? Are you verified when dates of transmission to schools are shown?

Seriously, you have to call ASAP. I submitted the last week in July and have been verified for months. Call them tomorrow!!!

I'm not sure if you are in trouble or not because I received a request for a secondary at UC the same week I submitted to AMCAS and it took weeks to be verified and processed but the school obviously already had the app. In fact, I interviewed before it was processed and it came up as processed about two days before I received my acceptance.

Wow, that's awful! You really need to figure out what they did wrong, because you should have been verified a few weeks after you submitted!

No, there was no problem with my transcript or wrong info on my application. The problem was on their part. They told me yesterday that they're was some technical problem and my application should have been verified in September. Actually, they didn't really know what the problem was. I don't understand. I hate AMCAS. I should have really called them earlier, but I just thought that it takes that long because last year it did. Since the deadline is tomorrow, I started to worry. Anyway, I'm glad it's finally processed. But that really puts me to a disadvantage because my applications could have been reviewed months ago. Now my application to all schools are delayed. Isn't not my fault though.

i'm really sorry medical22. amcas held my application for no reason as well, but i called after a month or so to find out what was going on. this definitely puts you at a disadvantage, so if i were you i would send a letter to all the schools i applied to explaining the situation. it might not help, but i think it's worth a shot.

man I've so been there. I submitted the first minutes allowed this year, back in june. I wasn't verified until the first week of august, and that's with my calling them everyday for three weeks. They're ridiculously disorganized, and unfortunately you just have to work the system until you finally get what you want.

Do the rest of you think I should send a letter to all schools stating what happened. But they might ignore it because they've received it before the deadline.

What do you think?