1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AMCAS still submitting

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by whateva07, Aug 11, 2006.

1. whateva07

whateva07 Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Pre-med society on the work/activities? It doesnt sound like I really did anything, but it was something to put down. should I just not even include it at all?

...and also they have hobbies does that really mean I can put like playing the piano or something thats an individual thing I do on my own. I'm not sure if thats something I can put.

Input from any of you amcas experts!! Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ClockworkDoc

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You probably should not put anything down that you did not dedicate yourself to (i.e. become an officer) or that you cannot connect to medicine or the study of medicine in some way.

4. Dr Durden

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Pre-med club probably doesn't matter either way (I realize that's not much help). Be prepared to talk about it though if you do decide to put it down. Anything's fair game at an interview and you want to sound excited about your past involvements.

Piano as just a hobby though is probably a no. Do you dedicate a lot of time to it? Have any serious recitals in the past year or two? Won any recent awards? If not, save that for "what do you do in your spare time" secondary questions or random interview queries.

That's just the $0.02 of another applicant though.

5. Dr. Roket

Dr. Roket aka Dr. Henry Killinger
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    What do you all think about putting the various jobs you've worked in the past, just so the adcom doesn't think that all you were doing is going to school and farting around for the rest of the time? Shows you were busy right? :confused:

6. Cali Anteater

Cali Anteater Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    yup that's okay. There's a category for paid/nonmedical...I believe.