AMCAS Strikes Again....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

md2be06

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Man, I've about had it with this pathetic excuse for an organization. Since I graduated in the fall, I e-mailed all the schools notifying them of my new address and phone number. Some were like thanks, others didn't reply, and others said we can only update our records if you make the changes on your AMCAS application. I told 'em I didn't wanna touch my app, but would if that was the only way to update my new contact info. So I go ahead and make the changes, re-certify, and re-submit the app almost a month ago. I call up all the schools I've applied to just to verify that they have the right info, and half of them still have my old address and phone number on file!!! First they tell me that they can only accept changes via AMCAS, and now that I've made those changes, they still can't access the correct info in their records!?! What the hell did I pay AMCAS hundreds of dollars for if they can't even pass on a change of address and a new phone number to some schools? If schools can't get a hold of you over the phone, do they mail interview letters or just move on?

Members don't see this ad.

Same thing happened to me in September. I changed my address on AMCAS, but schools didn't get the new one for over a month. I had the US Post Office forward all my mail to my new address indefinitely, takes a couple of weeks though to get them to send EVERYTHING there. I happened to be at home one weekend when my Pitt app showed up. Some schools let me change it via telephone, email, etc. All of my interview invites have been via regular mail or email. Good luck in getting your address changed.

Oh yeah, on a side note: I would like to just get half of the money I sent to AMCAS back. I really could use that $$ for some interview trips or at least a beer.