Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AMCAS Submission Delayed to June 21st

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by aprilpremed, Jun 16, 2001.

1. aprilpremed

aprilpremed Junior Member

Hi,

FYI, I was working on my application and found the following message on the AMCAS site right below the login.

"Due to the on-going issues with power outages in the Washington, D.C. area in which the AAMC is located, you will not be able to submit your application to AMCAS for processing until Thursday, June 21, 2001 at the earliest. Stay tuned for updates as they may become available."

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tbachi

tbachi Member

yeah... even with the power outages and all the other problems.. they can still update their website every day... maybe they should extend the deadline to submit since they keep delaying the start date!!!

4. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    Wow.... Pres. Bush ignored California's problems in the beginning... now other states are having problems....

I wonder how this years application process would affect your chances. Remember, it's rolling admissions and I believe some folks have already turned in their applications....

5. Gator

Gator Member

What are you talking about. No one can submit their application until June 21 (like everyone else).

6. Legend

Legend Super Senior Member

Attending Physician
    this AMCAS crap just doesn't work!
    I think I am going to wait till July.
    I am afraid AMCAS will eat up my application.

7. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

I've been thinking the same thing. :(

8. Popoy

Resident [Any Field]
    Wouldn't that perpetuate more nightmares for pre-meds!!! :D

I feel for you folks.... I think the AMCAS people are making it more complicated than what it's suppose to. Last year, AACOMAS did the first run for the online application but after a week they solved the problem.... AMCAS was suppose to follow but I guess it's getting more complicated than how it should be.... Just pray that nothing will happen to your application.... That would definitely be a disaster for everyone involved.... Good Luck as always.... :cool:

9. kris

kris Senior Member

I want to add my sympathies as well. I remember that applying was quite a pain in the butt without the extra time invasion AMCAS is putting you through.

Even though submitting a few days later is no big deal, it's the time and effort now involved in the process, not to mention the lack of faith it breeds, that must be especially aggravating.

No one should have to work this hard to get a stupid application submitted, eh?

I'm sure your efforts will be rewarded.

On the optomistic side, maybe this harrowing, effort-ridden on-line application will weed out some folks early!

best,
    --kris

10. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Seriously. It's not like we're trying to become brain surgeons or something. Wait, yes we are! Guess the rewards will be worth it in the end. (I'm trying to be optimistic)

11. Popoy

Resident [Any Field]
    Here's the pessimistic view.... :D

It can perpetuate into more people applying because by the time this application will start working, people will have been able to definitely decide on applying because the MCAT's would be in.... Maybe that's not true....

YES, the rewards would most definitely be worth it once you get that acceptance letter.... I still remember jumping up and down histerically!!! :D