AMCAS: Time Spent Under Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dedikated2liftn

Bodybuilder
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I submitted my app on 7/6 with transcripts received sometime in late June. Anyway, for about a week now I've been under review, and it's bugging the hell out of me. What in the world could take them a week fix? From the AMCAS verification thread, I've noticed that many individuals who have submitted after me have already been verified. So what gives?? Anyone else in the same boat?? :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

You and I are in the same boat, and the ride sucks. I submitted my application in late July but realized I needed to send in a transcript from a non-academic school that they "received" on 7/6. I have been "under review" since 7/13. I hate AMCAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was under review for almost 4 weeks, and I've heard from several other people who were under review for about 2 weeks. So I suggest being patient... it may take a lot longer than you think.

Good Luck!
S

yeah, i've been under review for over a week now. i don't quite know what takes so long, but I am getting anxious to get some more secondaries. I don't understand how some people get verified in days and it takes others weeks. I guess some of us just get put in the lazy employee's files. :mad:

i was under review for about a week too. i had 5 transcripts to go through which may have made it take longer. they ended up only changing about 3 things, but ive heard that if they have to change a lot, it takes longer

Yep, takes time. I was under review for a little over two weeks and this was back in June and I only had 4 transcripts as opposed to someone else who wrote they had five. Its gonna be a bit so sit tight, itll happen. :D

Yeah, I don't think there's a lot of rhyme or reason to it. I submitted three transcripts and there were some corrections (nothing major), and even though I checked every hour or so it seemed, I still got the surprise email that I was verified. So who knows really. Then again, I submitted back in June I think...

i was under review for about a week too. i had 5 transcripts to go through which may have made it take longer. they ended up only changing about 3 things, but ive heard that if they have to change a lot, it takes longer

what exactly do they change in your application? i don't like the sounds of that. haha.

I have been "Under Review" for 5 days now...I only have two transcripts, but it is also "busy time" over at amcas right now...so I guess I will just sit here and try to the resist the urge to call them and tell them to verify me already!! lol! :p

I studied abroad last semester... so my AMCAS is waiting on a transcript to arrive from Australia... oy... that's going to take forever.

... well I got four secondaries essentially right after I hit submit on AMCAS... so I've got work to do...

I already had my transcripts verified before I submitted---I was under review for about 7 minutes...7/24

i had a transcript that was incorrect and thus had to submit another one. amcas got it on like july 12, and i submitted on that day. i was "ready for review" yesterday - this morning i got an email saying i was complete. i'm not exactly sure what the deal is.

Members don't see this ad :)
I already had my transcripts verified before I submitted---I was under review for about 7 minutes...7/24

yeah so did I. And I AM STILL UNDER REVIEW. there is no logical order to this...shouldn't they just verify the applications as they come in? it irks me when a company charges over $500 and does not have an efficient method of processing.

It took 22 days for mine to get verified!

yeah so did I. And I AM STILL UNDER REVIEW. there is no logical order to this...shouldn't they just verify the applications as they come in? it irks me when a company charges over $500 and does not have an efficient method of processing.

$500? maybe that's the problem - you're not a high roller :laugh: my tab came to a little over $1400...

$500? maybe that's the problem - you're not a high roller :laugh: my tab came to a little over $1400...
Let me guess.....hmmm....California? <3.5? <30?:laugh:

Holy Cannoli!! How many schools did you apply to?? I set my limit at 15 schools to avoid running that high a tab. haha

Been "under review" since 7/14. :mad:

I am still "waiting to be reviewed" and I turned mine in 2 weeks ago I think.

Anyone know if there is something else I need to do before they can review it? I have all my transcripts in etc.

As of 7/28 I'm still under review (and I've only got one transcript!!). I called aamc on Thursday trying to find out if there was any hold up, and they told me everything was fine (hard to believe looking at how quickly some SDNers are verified). But like someone above said, you'd think that for at least five hundred bucks a pop, they'd be a little bit more organized about how they verified applications. If I'm not verified by next week, I'm renting myself a bulldozer and going to have myself a field day at the AAMC headquaters. :mad::thumbdown:

I am still "waiting to be reviewed" and I turned mine in 2 weeks ago I think.

Anyone know if there is something else I need to do before they can review it? I have all my transcripts in etc.

I sent an email to AMCAS asking them what the hold up was and the next day I was verified, dont know if it helped but it took 22 days!

I'm emailing them now. According to the verification thread, many people who were "ready for review" as of July 13 are now verfiied. Most people who submitted on July 6 (when I was ready for review) were verified 10 days ago. I know there are some outliers, but that doesn't seem right to me. First come, first serve, right?

What does it mean if they are reviewing applications that are after the date that i applied? I was hoping to be verified by now. I will give them until Friday, and then i will call. I applied July 28th. Has anyone been verified that applied then yet?

What does it mean if they are reviewing applications that are after the date that i applied? I was hoping to be verified by now. I will give them until Friday, and then i will call. I applied July 28th. Has anyone been verified that applied then yet?
July 28? It is taking about 2 weeks for verification.

I only have 1 transcript and it arrived on 7/16, but AMCAS didn't tell me this until 7/20, So I've been "ready for review" since 7/20. It's 12 days now. Come on you stupid system, gimme "under review" at least. Some people who submitted in early June got verified in 2 days. I wish I had finished my AMCAS in May.

I only have 1 transcript and it arrived on 7/16, but AMCAS didn't tell me this until 7/20, So I've been "ready for review" since 7/20. It's 12 days now. Come on you stupid system, gimme "under review" at least. Some people who submitted in early June got verified in 2 days. I wish I had finished my AMCAS in May.
I have been "ready for review" since 7/18 =/ It's been 2 weeks for me with no change. Bah.

The earliest I could have submitted was June 25-ish because I was waiting for transcripts (quarter system). However, I procrastinated on my personal statement =/

I submitted on 6/29 and got verified 7/25. And that was slightly earlier in the cycle.

I'd suggest being content getting your app verified under the official 4-6 weeks. Otherwise, you'll be very dissappointed at the end of every day when you don't receive the verification email from AMCAS. Yah, take that from very personal experience.

:oops:

If you are "under review" for more than 2-3 business days it is a 90% chance that you have a transcript issue. And you WONT hear this unless you talk to a supervisor, the front line personnel do not look if your transcript is complete or not. I was under review for 10 business days and I didn't find out my school didn't send a full transcript until I asked to speak to a supervisor. Due to their quality control processes, I wouldn't have found out for another two weeks if I hadn't pushed to get to a supervisor. I submitted 7/5 and am still not verified. Hope to be so today.

Well it's 8/2 and still not verified. Hell, I just might set the record for longest verification time this season..something to be totally proud of!!

Well it's 8/2 and still not verified. Hell, I just might set the record for longest verification time this season..something to be totally proud of!!

Nope, it is a race between the two of us. We have the same dates if I remember correctly. To the winner the spoils!!!!

I have been "ready for review" since 7/18 =/ It's been 2 weeks for me with no change. Bah.

The earliest I could have submitted was June 25-ish because I was waiting for transcripts (quarter system). However, I procrastinated on my personal statement =/

I've been ready for review since 7/18 also, and no change in status either. :(

I emailed AMCAS today because I have been "Under Review" for 11 days now. I only have two transcripts and they are complete since I graduated 3 years ago, so i just politely asked if there was something I needced to do (like was there an error on my transcripts or did I need to resend them) in order for me to be verified. Hopefully that works. I wanted to have all my secondaries recieved and completed before my husband gets home from a deployment! :D

I am in the same boat as you. It's driving me crazy, too. And I submitted around the same date as you.

Well I called and had them check my transcripts, and everything is okay. Apparently this whole "under review" process can take up to two weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions on speeding things up?

Verified at 3:15pm today. Of course, they royally screwed up my gpa. What's the word, Dedikated2liftn? Are you verified yet?

Nope, still under review after four wonderful weeks. Looks like I win the competition...let me celebrate by renting my bulldozer and going to town. AMCAS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my status just turned from "ready to review" to "under review", I submitted 6/27 and my last transcript received 7/16 (I sent it in June! :mad:)

So, how many days should I expect for my things to get verified? It has been over a month already!

Wow, guess we got a new winner, lol....although my transcripts arrived in June, before I submitted. But take comfort in the fact that come October you'll be verified, and I'll be in jail for tearing the **** out of AAMC with my rented bulldozer.

I got your back when you invade AAMC headquater! :D

i sent them an email today and received a verification email 39 minutes after i received an email confirmation from them

i sent them an email today and received a verification email 39 minutes after i received an email confirmation from them

Just wondering...for those who emailed them, did they actually respond to your email?

I've called three times and e-mailed twice this past week--hell they probably know who I am. I've done everything but knock down the front door; however, that's gonna change soon :smuggrin:

Just wondering...for those who emailed them, did they actually respond to your email?

Here's what they told me:

actual AMCAS reply said:
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting AMCAS.

Yes all your transcripts have been received. The verification process can take up to several weeks. You only went under review on July 26.

If you have any questions or if we can be of additional assistance, please contact us at [email protected] or (202) 828-0600.

AMCAS Association of American Medical Colleges

I am to tired of all this. I need a vacation.

I sent an email to AMCAS asking them what the hold up was and the next day I was verified, dont know if it helped but it took 22 days!

My application was under review for four weeks. I called AMCAS the day before yesterday and asked how long the verification process usually takes. The operator responded that it takes anywhere between 4 to 6 weeks to verify an application. Mine was verified the next day. It sounds like we are both examples of the squeaky wheel getting greased.

Ask for a supervisor. They are they only ones who really know what is going on.

I emailed them after you wrote this and was verified the next days also!! Thanks for the tip!!