AMCAS & TMDSAS LOR maximum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Archdelux

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question regarding the maximum number of LORs that one should/could submit to AMCAS/TMDSAS. It seems that for TMDSAS they only allow 3 as a maximum, but can you submit more to individual schools? Is this advisable, or will it just anger the adcom? (any advice, LizzyM?)

Regarding AMCAS schools, there seems to be no real max restriction. I have a total of 7 LORS (1 committee letter (doesn't include other letters), 3 from professors that I TAd for, 2 from profs that I did research with and 1 from a supervisor (not a prof) at a clinical research position (freshman year)).

Should I submit all 7? I was going to submit 6 anyway, I think (all but the last one from the research supervisor).

Suggestions/comments welcome.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i think you should really submit ALL the letters from your research supervisors, even if was just clinical and from freshman year.

Thanks for your input. I was leaning that way..any other advice? Has anyone gone to interviews and had the interviewer express an adverse reaction toward the (large) number of rec letters on file?