AMCAS transcript - not Received yet!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s9a1m4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school sent my transcript to AMCAS on Tues, May 28. It's been a week but AMCAS has not received it yet! How long does it usually take?

Members don't see this ad.

If you go to to the AMCAS sign in page it says that they're just now marking the transcripts that got there on May 29th as received, so you shouldn't worry. AMCAS is just a few days behind. It probably took more than a day for your transcript to get there. I'm from Georgia and mine was delivered on May 24th, received on May 28th, but marked as received just yesterday.

There's roughly an 8 day delay right now between when AMCAS receives a transcript and when they actually mark it as received. The time it takes them to receive the transcript depends on a number of factors. If your school sent it electronically, then AMCAS would have received it same-day. If the transcript was sent out by mail, you're looking at 2-3 days between the time your school mailed the transcript and when it would have arrived at AMCAS (it will be less time if your school is near D.C., potentially 4-5 days if your school is in Hawaii or Alaska, and if your school is outside the US all bets are off). So expect it to take about 11-12 days.

For anyone reading this thread who still hasn't mailed their transcripts yet, realize you'll also have to factor in the time it takes to make the request and your school to process it. If you have to mail in a request form you could easily be looking at a wait of half a month or longer.

Members don't see this ad :)
My school sent my transcript to AMCAS on Tues, May 28. It's been a week but AMCAS has not received it yet! How long does it usually take?

My schools both sent my transcripts on May 21st and they were marked received on June 4th. So for me, exactly 2 weeks.

Mine was sent on May 17th and was just marked as received yesterday on June 4th.

When I called AMCAS yesterday, I was told it takes about 10 days for your transcript to be marked as received. That's from the moment your transcript was sent out by your school till when AMCAS marks it as received.

I was in the same boat.... Sent by the school on 5/22, received by AMCAS on 5/29, and finally marked as received on 6/5

What makes me irk is I even had the school send another one two days ago with the $50 express mailing option :rolleyes:

Btw - Sent from west coast

If you go to to the AMCAS sign in page it says that they're just now marking the transcripts that got there on May 29th as received, so you shouldn't worry. AMCAS is just a few days behind. It probably took more than a day for your transcript to get there. I'm from Georgia and mine was delivered on May 24th, received on May 28th, but marked as received just yesterday.

How do you know when it is received vs. when it is marked as received??

AMCAS says that "We are currently marking as "RECEIVED" those transcripts that were delivered on June 3, 2013."

I contacted my school and they said my Transcript went out on the 24th of May and it still is not received yet. What should I do??? (Im on the East Coast!!)

AMCAS says that "We are currently marking as "RECEIVED" those transcripts that were delivered on June 3, 2013."

I contacted my school and they said my Transcript went out on the 24th of May and it still is not received yet. What should I do??? (Im on the East Coast!!)

You're fine, my transcript was also sent on 5/24 and is not received. I am expecting to get confirmation on Monday or Tuesday since AMCAS is not open on the weekends.

wait a few more days. your transcript was sent out right before memorial day (no mail) so it probably sat around somewhere in the postal service until the 28th or 29th. just be patient.