AMCAS Transcript Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I've done my search. I found nothing. Now I ask...

I attended the same institution (Loyola University Chicago) for both undergrad and post-bac. Since I can't enter multiple spans of enrollment, I had to enter the university twice as a school I attended. Is that going to cause problems with AMCAS, given that all my grades are on one transcript? That is to say, will my application not be complete because they're waiting for some mysterious transcript that will never come?

...or will their reviewer figure it out during validation?

Thanks,
-z

Members don't see this ad.

I attended the same institution (Loyola University Chicago) for both undergrad and post-bac. Since I can't enter multiple spans of enrollment, I had to enter the university twice as a school I attended. Is that going to cause problems with AMCAS, given that all my grades are on one transcript? That is to say, will my application not be complete because they're waiting for some mysterious transcript that will never come?

Thanks,
-z

If I recall correctly, there is the option to indicate that a transcript is not required for an institution entered. You will be presented with a number of options, such as foreign institution, credit transferred to another institution (I exercised this option for my abroad program credits), etc. I believe there was an "other" option as well where you could enter a brief explanation.

Shoot an email to AMCAS support--you will have a definite answer within the day.

Thanks,
-z

I took a biochem course after graduation at my undergrad university and had to do the same thing - enter the school's name twice to get credit for this post-bacc course. My grades were also on one transcript and I never had a problem with the verification of my AMCAS app.

Members don't see this ad :)
I told them "Yes" both times when I entered the same university twice. I assume they're intelligent enough to know that they can use 1 transcript to fill them both out.

I just receieved an email response from AMCAS about this type of situation:

"We only need one copy of your transcript. You should log back into your application under the Graduate/Post-bac listing for the institution and indicate that a transcript is not required. Then select the 'Cross registration, no seperate transcript available' reason."

Hope this helps.

"We only need one copy of your transcript. You should log back into your application under the Graduate/Post-bac listing for the institution and indicate that a transcript is not required. Then select the 'Cross registration, no seperate transcript available' reason."

Hope this helps.
thanks for clearing that up.

Hope this helps.

I called them just now and was responded with the above.