• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

AMCAS Transcript Request Form Confusion???

MDGuy07

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
May 1, 2006
    In the space where it says "amount" what am I supposed to fill in?

Is that how much I have to pay the university for the transcript? The number of transcripts they want?

I obviously know what signature and date are, but this amount space is confusing me. Anyone know?

QuantumMechanic

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Nov 23, 2005
    Hilbert Space
    1. Medical Student
      MDGuy07 said:
      In the space where it says "amount" what am I supposed to fill in?

Is that how much I have to pay the university for the transcript? The number of transcripts they want?

I obviously know what signature and date are, but this amount space is confusing me. Anyone know?

I think they mean number of transcripts. For the two undergrad schools I had taken classes from, I put 1 (one) in that blank.

About the Ads

TheCybermen

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      May 8, 2006
      1. Medical Student
        SeminoleFan3 said:
        Haha...oops. I put the amount the school charged. I hope everything turns out well. :oops:

That's what I put down as well. In the end, the two stops that letter makes is your registrar/transcript office - who will see it and say, "Sure, that's t the amount we charge." Next, when it's forwarded along to AMCAS, they'll then probably look at it say, "Huh?" and process your transcript. No big deal. It's the transcript and the appropriate method of getting it to them that AMCAS is concerned about.

adiddas125

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Jan 31, 2005
          MDGuy07 said:
          We have to pay $10.00 for every transcript we print. :(

This is only the begining of the costs that will rain on you as you apply. Wait till you submit your amcas or pay secondary fees. You will be begging to pay $10 for everything. ;)

SeminoleFan3

10+ Year Member
          Navy
          Mar 3, 2006
          1. Attending Physician
            I feel the word "amount" is poorly used in that context. "Number" might have been better. I assumed it was the amount that needed to be paid to the institution (as some of the schools I attended charged for transcripts).

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.