AMCAS - transcript request with last year's form?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olemissbabydoc

Baby Doctor
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a reapplicant this year, and I've heard that the information rolls over and we keep our AMCAS number.

Can I use last year's colleges section to obtain my transcript requests? I wanted to get the request out this week (since AMCAS is set to open next week - and I'm going on vacation) if at all possible.

Has anyone done this before?

Members don't see this ad.

I would love to know the answer to this question. I am thinking that I can log into the 2008 application system (since I applied 2 cycles ago) and print out the transcript request forms, change the year to 2009 and the date to May 15, then print it out and mail that in.. I wonder if this is kosher.

are u guys risk takers? :)

I can't imagine the AMCAS transcript request sheet changes from year to year, so I'm thinking that I'll doctor the official one and get these sent in now... and if the application comes out and they change it drastically, then I'll just send in a new request.

AFAICT, it doesn't matter what sheet you send in as long as its clearly marked for the 2009 application cycle and has your AAMC ID/SSN on it.. so I'm thinking it's worth the gamble.