AMCAS Transcript Verification Problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PDsquash83

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I have finally submitted my AMCAS primary and was waiting on one transcript, which AMCAS finally received. One catch, they said that the transcript wasn't official. A little curious because I ordered the same transcript for myself and it clearly said it was offiicial. Do you think the problem could be that I placed the official envelope (sealed) within another USPS envelope so that I could track it?

Anybody have the same problem? Would call AMCAS but they are closed today.

-PD

Members don't see this ad.

PDsquash83 said:
Hey All,

I have finally submitted my AMCAS primary and was waiting on one transcript, which AMCAS finally received. One catch, they said that the transcript wasn't official. A little curious because I ordered the same transcript for myself and it clearly said it was offiicial. Do you think the problem could be that I placed the official envelope (sealed) within another USPS envelope so that I could track it?

Anybody have the same problem? Would call AMCAS but they are closed today.

-PD

That might be your problem. Also, sometimes the registrar just forgets to sign on stamp the transcript. You will have to call and ask to double check. Best bet is to have the school send in the transcript.

Yeah I was under the impression that the school had to send the transcript directly. Therefore, if you put the envelope in another envelope, you had access to the transcript and this doesn't follow the guidelines set by AMCAS (please correct me if there isn't a rule like this). I would also recommend that you get the school to send the transcript themselves.

Members don't see this ad :)
Erina said:
Yeah I was under the impression that the school had to send the transcript directly. Therefore, if you put the envelope in another envelope, you had access to the transcript and this doesn't follow the guidelines set by AMCAS (please correct me if there isn't a rule like this). I would also recommend that you get the school to send the transcript themselves.

Yeah, AMCAS won't accept transcripts that come from an applicant. They must come from the school itself. I wouldn't worry too much about tracking the transcript. Just make sure your school sends it out and watch for AMCAS to update you.

So a little bit of background, I had already sent in the transcript around mid-May and AMCAS said they never received. So I decided to get delivery confirmation this time to make sure. I guess I will do it again w/o delivery confirmation and see what happens. :)

Punkn said:
Yeah, AMCAS won't accept transcripts that come from an applicant. They must come from the school itself. I wouldn't worry too much about tracking the transcript. Just make sure your school sends it out and watch for AMCAS to update you.

PDsquash83 said:
So a little bit of background, I had already sent in the transcript around mid-May and AMCAS said they never received. So I decided to get delivery confirmation this time to make sure. I guess I will do it again w/o delivery confirmation and see what happens. :)

Wow, that's really annoying! I hope things go smoothly from here on out!