Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

AMCAS Transcript Verification

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by Daitong, 05.17.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Daitong

Daitong 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey guys,

This might be a dumb question but for the life of me I cannot find which place (website/link?) to send my transcript from my university for it to get accepted and verified by the AMCAS. P.S. I'm supposed to wait until this semester's grades are finalized, correct?

(I'm a 3rd year/Junior)

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. EthylMethylMan

EthylMethylMan 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    On your AMCAS application there's a "Schools Attended" button at the top. Click on that, then go to the link that says "Transcripts". Assuming everything else needed is filled out (it will explain exactly what you need to do if it isn't) then it'll provide you with a form to print out and mail to your school's registrar's office. They'll handle it from there.

As for the waiting until grades are finalized, that sounds about right to me.

4. Daitong

Daitong 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hmmm I saw that and thought there would be a better way other than snail mail?! So really, we do have to do everything the old fashioned way, still?

Regards,

5. hoihaie

hoihaie Banned Banned

Medical Student
    If you're school is certified, they can send an eTranscript to AMCAS, but only if they are certified though. OTherwise it's snail mail (which doesn't really take that long. I got mine marked as received after like 4 days of sending it.

About the ads