AMCAS & transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STi555

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will AMCAS email me to confirm they have recieved a transcript after they recieve it or will they only tell me when they get all my transcripts. I am wondering because I faxed my transcript request to a school two weeks and one day ago and I haven't heard anything from AMCAS. The school charged my credit card the same day so I would think they sent it.

Members don't see this ad.

hey,

i got an email confirmation from amcas today saying that they've received my transcripts from two community colleges that i had attended during hs. i had requested the transcripts two weeks ago.

Well I guess I will wait a few more days and then start making some calls.

Members don't see this ad :)
i faxed transcript requests to all my schools last thursday and i got an email today stating one of the transcripts had been received by amcas. you might want to check with the school to see if the transcript was sent or not. it seems like amcas will email students as their transcripts come in.

amcas e-mailed me when both of my transcripts came in.

did all of you guys submit your application already? how did they take your transcripts already without submitting your application??

i might delay sending my application for about another 2 weeks because i'm busy with work...but if i send my transcripts now..will they keep it on file and e-mail me?

thanks

i have not submitted my application yet. i included my amcas number on the transcript request, the schools sent the transcripts to amcas, and amcas let me know they got them.

They will keep transcripts on file until you submit the AMCAS application.

I commend AMCAS for sending e-mail confirmations upon transcript receipt. They did not do this last year.

Ok I am going to call the school as soon as their records office opens in the morning. They didn't seem all that together on the phone. I faxed them the AMCAS transcript request form right after talking to them and as I said they charge my credit card so I don't see why they wouldn't have sent it. :mad: Now that I think of it the AMCAS transcript request form I sent them asked them to send me a copy and I haven't gotten it either and I wrote my phone number under my address in case they needed to call me. :mad: :mad: