amcas transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMBFan61

Boomer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how long does it take for amcas to acknowledge that they received my transcripts?

Members don't see this ad.

depends, could be a week or a few days. it took mine about 2 weeks. they might have received it but just havent gotten a chance to email you.

I think that it took them about a month for me. I had transcripts coming from 4 schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they only email you if submitted an application? I am still filling mine app out but I sent my transcript early like many have stated.

let me piggy back.

I had a question regarding lets say you send in your transcript now. But you are currently in the middle of the quarter. So when you finish the quarter do you send a new Transcript or how does that whole process work. For example, if i submit my app June 5, the earliest day, by spring quarter grades don't come out until like end of June. So will i need to send in a new transcript at that time?

Do they only email you if submitted an application? I am still filling mine app out but I sent my transcript early like many have stated.

They're taking transcripts now so you will be notified when they receive them. Mine took a little over a week from request to receipt at AAMC. You might want to follow up with your schools about your request.

let me piggy back.

I had a question regarding lets say you send in your transcript now. But you are currently in the middle of the quarter. So when you finish the quarter do you send a new Transcript or how does that whole process work. For example, if i submit my app June 5, the earliest day, by spring quarter grades don't come out until like end of June. So will i need to send in a new transcript at that time?

Yep. You'll have to submit new transcripts and AMCAS will re-update your application and send it to med schools. Actually, you might not be verified until the end of June/early July anyway!

I hope it didn't take more than 3 years for their transcripts to be received.

Thread Necromancer ;)

Necromancer :laugh: Trudat, Bowtie. School is over, so I need something to do with my spare time.

Since the new admissions season is coming up, I just want to remind everyone that one of the best things you can do to help your application is to get it submitted early. Now that the MCAT is going digital for all new takers, the early bird will get the worm.