1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AMCAS transmission dates

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ayj, Nov 1, 2002.

1. ayj

ayj Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey guys,

When the AMCAS web page shows transmission dates, does that mean the med school decided to download the most recent copy of your app. to take a look at it? Or does AMCAS automatically transmit applications every couple of weeks?

For example, if VCU received a transmission on 10/4 and then nothing happens, then VCU receives another transmission on 11/1 does that mean they requested an updated copy of my app. for review?

Anton

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lisalisa

lisalisa Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was wondering the same thing.

4. siempre595

7+ Year Member

Mine only did that after I re-certified when adding a few schools. I think it's the date it downloads to schools, I'm not sure that schools really control that, or if it just goes. I got the feeling they do not control it when I talked to an AMCAS rep about re-certifying.