Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

AMCAS TRANSMISSION HAS BEGUN!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Carleton College kid, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Carleton College kid

7+ Year Member

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Smoke This

Smoke This Sweet cuppin' cakes!
    10+ Year Member

4. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    :D

Oh no, another one of those "HE WHO CALLS WOLF!!!".... ;)

:D

5. Smoke This

Smoke This Sweet cuppin' cakes!
    10+ Year Member

Exactly. Pretty soon, CC will really be in a jam and no one will know he's actually telling the truth. At first we'll see threads popping up like "Help! AMCAS invoked its right to refuse me service" then later things like "The AMCAS death squad has my house surrounded, what do I do???" and no one will believe him...

6. Denilson

Denilson Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

this whole process this years is wacked out!!...i can't believe that AAMCAS didn't predict many applicants would use the web...i think is all about keeping the costs down, so they hired bunch a idiots who would work for 5 bucks an hour to set up their system...they should give our money back and grant us admissions to med school of our choice and pay for our 1st year tuition...
    see how they LIKE damn apples!!! :mad: :mad:

7. MiamiMarmot

MiamiMarmot Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Carleton Kid,

You are giving a black eye to kids who attend mediocre liberal arts colleges everywhere.

8. Carleton College kid

7+ Year Member

I didn't mean to offend anyone. This was my way of relieving some stress. On the AMCAS website the claim that they should have begun transmission by July 15th. And with in regards to the comments that "MaimiMarmot" made, I am sorry if you cannot take a joke.

9. Carleton College kid

7+ Year Member

On another not, Carleton is nationally regarded as a highly selective, and highly prestigious private liberal arts college. The only signs of mediocrity that I am witnessing are your posts dearest MiamiMarmot.

10. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I don't know.. I think I see a different sign of mediocrity.. :rolleyes:

Andrew

11. fishtolive

fishtolive Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

carleton...get over it bud...you go to a college i've never heard of...good for you and stop being so insecure about your school.

12. 6-8 Weeks

6-8 Weeks Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hopefully we can end this while it's still "nice." :)

13. synite

synite Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

or not... this is just starting to get fun!

to add my 2cents, i've never heard of carleton college either. not that that says anything, i guess. where is it? what do you mean highly selective? i'm genuinely curious

14. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

I've never heard of Carleton either, and I am also wondering what makes a college a "liberal arts" college. Does it say that on the sign or something? Seriously, I have never understood what that means. If anyone can answer my question, I'd appreciate it.

15. MiamiMarmot

MiamiMarmot Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Carleton Kid,

Whoa, tiger. I didn't mean to stir any bad blood between us. Calling your school "mediocre" was just a bad joke. It's just that I've seen your other posts asking the question: do med schools favor kids from fancy liberal arts schools. And of course the answer is yes. But keep in mind, you are competing against kids from Amherst, Williams, Swarthmore, then Ivies, then really smart kids from everywhere else. All I'm saying is be humble. You will get into lots of med schools.

16. kris

kris Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

CC is a highly rated liberal arts school. The problem is that it's in the midwest. :) Many east coast schools do have more name recognition, but not necessarily because they're better.

West coast colleges have similar name recognition problems. Take Harvey Mudd for example.

Me? I went to a state school no one's ever heard of :D

17. coop

coop Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

there are people from the east coast not in the medical field that have never heard of washu, so, so what if there are people who aren't into liberal arts colleges, and arent' from the midwest and they haven't heard of your school, I'm guessing you didn't pick carlton because of its fame, so be happy with why you did pick it.

18. Carleton College kid

7+ Year Member

Thanks for your comments. Carleton is just not a midwest thing, it has a national reputation, among scholars and professionals alike. For example President Clinton spoke at our graduation last year. Clinton doesn't speak at just any school. Read on.

United States President William Jefferson Clinton will speak at Carleton College's 126th annual
    commencement exercises on Saturday, June 10, 2000. Approximately 425 graduates will be awarded the bachelor
    of arts degree at the mid-morning ceremony. George H. Dixon and Bruno Nettl will receive honorary degrees.

William Jefferson Clinton is the 42nd President of the United States of America. He was sworn into office on January 20,

Elected Attorney General of Arkansas in 1976, President Clinton ran for Governor two years later and won; the people of
    Arkansas reelected him four more times. He served as Governor longer than all of his predecessors except one.

President Clinton has served as chair of the National Governors' Association, the Education Commission of the States,
    the Lower Mississippi Delta Development Commission, the Southern Growth Policies Board, the Democratic Governors'
    Association, and the Democratic Leadership Council.

A fifth-generation Arkansan, President Clinton was born on August 19, 1946. He spent the first years of his life in Hope
    and then moved with his family to Hot Springs, where he graduated from high school

The President earned a Bachelor's degree from Georgetown University in 1968 and a law degree from Yale Law School in
    1973. He also studied at Oxford University as a Rhodes Scholar from 1968 to 1970. The President was an attorney in
    private practice in Little Rock from 1981 to 1982 and has also served on the law school faculty at the University of
    Arkansas at Fayetteville.

The President is married to Hillary Rodham Clinton, and they have a daughter, Chelsea. He is an avid reader, enjoys
    jogging and golf, and occasionally plays the saxophone.

19. fishtolive

fishtolive Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

you are making me sick with this carleton $hit, really..do you want a medal or a monument...it doesn't change the fact that on the northeast coast (where standardize test scores are highest and competition is most keen...other than in CA) nobody cares where YOU go...like a previous poster said...swarthmore, etc. would most likely blow your little rustic cabin of a school out of the water...your user name has your school in it, you actually dug up a quote, and you care enough to make issue on nearly every damn post you have...i go to a #1 northeast school (look in u.s. news and world report and you'll find it baby) and i could care less as long as I am doing well...there is a range of students at any school and to act like you is da isht cuz you're at charleston, carleton, whatever is lame by now...it really won't help you that much so sorry to tell you and this is from a person at a college where the med school acceptance rate is near perfect...our advisors tell us not to believe in grade inflation because the MCAT takes care of that and levels the playing field...you've gone far enough to annoy me and make me write this post...we shall never speak of your high and mighty school again, agreed? i thought so!

20. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

Jeez,
    Carleton (young goat) has been on this forum for less than 2 days and already has amassed 40 posts! And almost all of them have been BS, bragging, or fighting with other members. I was simply relating something that a guy told me directly from AMCAS. If you think that AMCAS is going to fix ALL the bugs in the application before they start transmission you are seriously not complete upstairs...
    I was looking at your college webpage b/c I had never heard of your college and sure, it looked ok...Wow, a $30,000 per year price tag. If you want to increase some diversity at your school, I suggest lowering the price. That seems to be the major ailment of your school from what I saw on the webpage (that is, lack of diversity).
    I am moving my arguments with you to this thread b/c I didn't realize everyone else was sick of hearing how much you love yourself. At least your quote perfectly matches your attitude. Btw, I liked your post where you said "AMCAS transmission has begun...just kidding"
    Seriously...that was good!
    However, your attitude afterwards and to others on the forum is degrading to us and your college.
    Later Goat Boy. :rolleyes:

21. realruby2000

realruby2000 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

give the dork a cookie and im sure he'll shut up

22. kris

kris Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Man, when I posted I hadn't seen the pattern of CC's posts. I feel like a dork for backing CC up.

I wondered where all the hostility was coming from. Now I know.

Sigh.

But aren't you guys all glad that we got through that spell of nastiness several weeks back?