1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

AMCAS transmission to Michigan

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Hopkins2010, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Scooby and I got emails from Michigan stating that they had "received our AMCAS application." Of course I didnt believe this at first but Michigan also sent us an email giving us a URL link to their online secondary.

If you go to their secondary, it has a list of your courses that you submitted to AMCAS. I did not mail Michigan the AMCAS printout, so the only way they could have gotten this info is from AMCAS. So then I just assumed that AMCAS mailed my app to Michigan (or at least the coursework).

Well, just to be sure, I emailed Katie Horne, who is the director of admissions at the Univ. Michigan med school, asking her if they had really gotten my full app and if it was just mailed to them or transmitted electronically.

She wrote me back with the following response:

"We have your full, processed application transmitted electronically from AMCAS."

Take that for what its worth, but I checked my AMCAS online printout and there is NO date transmitted listed for Michigan. Maybe it has just not been updated yet.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bluegill

bluegill Member
    7+ Year Member

If the Dir. of Admissions says that she has your app, then she has your app.

Chances are, AMCAS hasn't updated your status. We all know that AMCAS doesn't have their **** together. On the other hand, U of Michigan does have their **** together.

Last year, the U of Michigan admissions staff was far and away the most prompt, the most helpful, the most professional, and the most straightforward of all the schools I applied to. It really left me with a positive image of the school.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Did anybody without AMCAS listed grades as verified get this Mich info? That's really promising to hear, about how together they are up there. Makes me even more eager to hear from them. :p

5. Dominator39

Dominator39 Member
    7+ Year Member

Baylor21,
    Could you let us know if the U of M secondary involves any essays? And if so, what are the topics? Thanks.