AMCAS: "Under Review" - What does this mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoc2005

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

quick question: when you go from "in line for review" to "under review", how long should it take after?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
FutureDoc2005 said:
Hi folks,

quick question: when you go from "in line for review" to "under review", how long should it take after?

Thanks.

I've heard it's done the same day. I've been under review for over 3 hours now, so I'm starting to think maybe two days.

My impression is that it's usually pretty quick. Like a day or two at most.

Members don't see this ad :)
cowme said:
I've heard it's done the same day. I've been under review for over 3 hours now, so I'm starting to think maybe two days.

I was def under review for a few days - shouldn't take more than a couple of days, my guess

Reviewing must not be as fast as one would think, because I have 1 transcript and its pretty straight forward, but I was under review for 5-6 working days.
:rolleyes:

I have also been under review for about 4 hours today. I've heard they longest it can take is 2 weeks (AMCAS policy)... so any minute from now until two weeks. But, they do send you an email when they verify (so if you're anything like me you're checking your email every 2 minutes).