CopperStripes

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
I noticed that the status of my AMCAS application changed from 'Ready for Review' to 'Under Review'. How long does this step usually take?

leahmaria

10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
my guess would be quick unless there is something wrong between the transcripts and what you entered...i didn't even notice this phase on mine.

Caristra

10+ Year Member
May 18, 2004
www.facebook.com
Status
Medical Student
It depends on how many transcripts you have and if anything needs to be fixed. Mine took about fourteen minutes. Some people had two days. Then again, the AAMC owed me after making me wait so long.

Church

Snark-free since 2008
10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Waynesboro, Georgia
www.mwci.org
Status
Medical Student
I agree with Caristra... Mine took a couple hours.

str8flexed

10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Mine's under review as of today when my transcript was received.

Yay, +1 post count...

BuckerPark

Float on...
10+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Chicago
Status
Medical Student
Mine was under review for about a week. I think that could have been because it happened over 4th of July weekend, though.

CopperStripes said:
I noticed that the status of my AMCAS application changed from 'Ready for Review' to 'Under Review'. How long does this step usually take?

Kiara08

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2007
Ohio
Status
Medical Student
Mine has been under review since yesterday morning.... I'm a little concerned. I'm hoping it's just because I had 5 confusing transcripts to sort through.

LifetimeDoc

EM Attending
10+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
USA
Status
Attending Physician
Mine was under review for a few hours, then changed to complete. (Can you tell I refreshed on an hourly basis?! Automated refreshing, not manual) Of course I waited while being waiting for review for 6 weeks! :laugh: