AMCAS Verification: How long is it taking now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rprasan1985

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, some help.... I just took the MCAT on July 2nd. I'm now working on the AMCAS app, and will likely submit it for verification in a week or so. They already have my transcripts, and the recommendation letters are all in.

My question is, how long does it usually take for verification? For anyone who submitted recently, how long is it taking now? Ideally, I'd like to have my stuff verified and the schools to have it before my score is released on Aug 4th. Is this wishful thinking???

Members don't see this ad.

Hey folks, some help.... I just took the MCAT on July 2nd. I'm now working on the AMCAS app, and will likely submit it for verification in a week or so. They already have my transcripts, and the recommendation letters are all in.

My question is, how long does it usually take for verification? For anyone who submitted recently, how long is it taking now? Ideally, I'd like to have my stuff verified and the schools to have it before my score is released on Aug 4th. Is this wishful thinking???

I'm not sure about this year, but I submitted in early july last year and i remember it taking about 4 weeks

I submitted June 26th, still waiting to be reviewed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted June 19th with all my transcripts and LORS received and I am still not verified.

I can't find the thread, but the recent rumor was a little over 3 weeks. So, within about a month from submission I think you can expect to be verified. I wouldn't hang my hopes on less than 3 weeks.

I submitted June 9th. My last transcript took its sweet time and didn't arrive until June 16th (so, basically it was "submitted" at that time). I was just verified on July 2nd.

The big backlog seemed to start around the 14th (submission date). I'd agree that 3 weeks minimum is a good estimate at this point. Best of luck!

I submitted on 6/16 and got verified on 7/2

Does anyone know if adding a school(s) after the application has been submitted when one is still waiting to be verified affects ones spot in line. I recently received my MCAT scores after I submitted and now want to apply to a few extra schools... should I wait until I am verified to do so?

Does anyone know if adding a school(s) after the application has been submitted when one is still waiting to be verified affects ones spot in line. I recently received my MCAT scores after I submitted and now want to apply to a few extra schools... should I wait until I am verified to do so?

No it doesn't affect your place in line, go ahead and add them now.

thanks for the quick response, everyone! so I should submit by July 10th to be sure my schools receive mt stuff by early Aug...

One other question (I apologize if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it by searching): on the work/activities section of the AMCAS app, will AMCAS call or email each contact to verify the info I have provided? I'm guessing not, because that would simply take too long to do for every applicant. I mean, obviously I wouldn't fabricate anything, but it seems logistically impossible for AMCAS or the med schools to do that for every applicant. Does anyone know if this is done?

thanks for the quick response, everyone! so I should submit by July 10th to be sure my schools receive mt stuff by early Aug...

One other question (I apologize if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it by searching): on the work/activities section of the AMCAS app, will AMCAS call or email each contact to verify the info I have provided? I'm guessing not, because that would simply take too long to do for every applicant. I mean, obviously I wouldn't fabricate anything, but it seems logistically impossible for AMCAS or the med schools to do that for every applicant. Does anyone know if this is done?

usually not, but occasionally i think it happens if it needs to. an adcom at my school was telling me about some kid he interviewed, and how he began to suspect he wasn't telling the truth 100%. so he called the place where this guy claimed to volunteer and sure enough, they didn't even know him! sucks for him, but it was kind of a dumb thing to do IMO. so people should put a positive spin on what they do have, but avoid going overboard into not-true-territory. Just because they PROBABLY won't check is not a guarantee.

After you submit AMCAS application and got it verified, can you still add more schools? Or after u submit the application, you cannot change anything. I took MCAT last month and submitted the application but now I am waiting for verification. I will know the score last this month and if I do well, I would like to add a few more schools. I am wondering if I can do that or not.

Yes, you can still add more schools. I hope you did well too.

Submitted AMCAS on 6/30 but it has not been reviewed yet. Still, I got my first secondary today. Is this typical? Can I expect other secondaries before AMCAS review is complete?

I submitted my application on June 28th and it was processed and all my grades were verified by June 29th. I also had my transcripts in since early May after my final Spring 09 grades were in so that might have helped speed the process up.

Do they review in order of who submitted first or is there a weirder system in place?