AMCAS Verification Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

photo_girl07

Western Blot Queen
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone who has been verified by AMCAS-

How long did it take after AMCAS received your transcripts to be "under review." In other, how long did it take for the status on your application to change from "ready for review" to "under review."

My application has been "ready for review" for the last week (and going on...) and I'm just wondering what the normal waiting period is.

Oh, the anxiety never ends :)

Thanks!

PG

Members don't see this ad.

theres a bunch of threads in here that talk about that, you'll probably get a better estimate that way (and less people getting angry at you for posting a topic thats been asked a million times here ;) ) but to answer your question, the turnaorund time has typically been 3-4 weeks when your application has been noted to be ready for review. seeing that you only recently had it ready for review, expect upwards of 4-5 weeks. Their website says 6 weeks, but it seems that for most people here, it hasnt taken that long yet. Its just heavily backlogged now since thats when most people apply, so you're not late, nor early, but it will take quite a while for it to be verified. I myself was "under review" since July 8th, and acknowledged that they had my transcripts since july 3rd, and im still waiting. so you get the idea.

braluk said:
theres a bunch of threads in here that talk about that, you'll probably get a better estimate that way (and less people getting angry at you for posting a topic thats been asked a million times here ;) ) but to answer your question, the turnaorund time has typically been 3-4 weeks when your application has been noted to be ready for review. seeing that you only recently had it ready for review, expect upwards of 4-5 weeks. Their website says 6 weeks, but it seems that for most people here, it hasnt taken that long yet. Its just heavily backlogged now since thats when most people apply, so you're not late, nor early, but it will take quite a while for it to be verified. I myself was "under review" since July 8th, and acknowledged that they had my transcripts since july 3rd, and im still waiting. so you get the idea.

Thanks....I'm just anxious. Good Luck :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
photo_girl07 said:
For anyone who has been verified by AMCAS-

How long did it take after AMCAS received your transcripts to be "under review." In other, how long did it take for the status on your application to change from "ready for review" to "under review."

My application has been "ready for review" for the last week (and going on...) and I'm just wondering what the normal waiting period is.

Oh, the anxiety never ends :)

Thanks!

PG

I'd be willing to bet a dollar 2-3 weeks this time of the cycle. Beginning of August may rocket up to 4-5 tops, but that's just speculation.