AMCAS Verification question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

REC28

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Minor Meltdown

I am all set to apply this cycle however I am missing 2 prerequisite English Courses. I will finish both July 5th. I am so confused about the verification process. Will not having these courses prohibit my application from all schools? I am afraid if I wait until I get the transcripts from the courses I in Mid July it will be way to late.

ANy advice appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I begin the courses May 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
This may be annoying and tedious to do but you should go on the individual websites of all the schools you are applying to and check what their view is on unfulfilled pre-requisites.

The majority of schools allow for you to be missing pre-reqs when you apply. You just need to have completed them by the time you matriculate or have completed the majority of them by the time you apply. If the ONLY thing holding you back from applying the day AMCAS opens is an english class, then that just seems silly. Especially since it's not even a science class, I doubt this would be that much of an issue.

At the top of my head, I know Temple is strict on you having all the requirements fulfilled when you apply. But that may only be for science classes.

You don't need to have pre-requisites completed when you apply. They just need to be done before you matriculate.

You can say that the classes are in progress on amcas, iirc.

Hope this helps

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile

You can say that the classes are in progress on amcas, iirc.

Hope this helps

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile

I have a quick question about this...

If I mark Biochem as future coursework on AMCAS (just incase for the few schools that require it), but then get into a school that doesn't require it, will they hold me to taking it? Lets say I put down that I'm gonna take it in the Spring but get an acceptance in the Fall. Can I just decide not to take it if I don't want to?

Ill be in my gap year so Biochem will be the only class listed in my future coursework

If you put the course as "In Progress" does it stop the verification process until the transcript is received?

If you put the course as "In Progress" does it stop the verification process until the transcript is received?

Nope. Mine was verified right away and I had several courses in progress.