AMCAS verification time - Is it still only 1 day if you are super early, 4 weeks otherwise?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pithy84

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am doing my AMCAS Primary Application currently, I am in the 2017 cohort.

Is there a mega-thread with verification times from last year? I can't find it. I can find older mega-threads.

Is it still the case that submitting in the first 1 or 2 hours might get my AMCAS verified in only 1 or 2 days? I know it is not guaranteed, and I also know it doesn't help with acceptance. However, it would allow me to relax. (I know, there are other ways to relax, but I am curious.)

Submitting even 1 day late seems to make it take 4 weeks, so 1 day seems a lot nicer than 4 weeks. I know, it doesn't actually matter for acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

When is the earliest time on June 7th you can submit?

Is it 12:01 AM?

Reactions: 1 users
Judging from last year' data, submitting on June first was a 3 day verification time, while submitting on July 1 was a 10 verification time.

Personally, I never recommend anyone submit Day 1. With issues AMCAS has had in the past with the application system load from all the neurotic premeds trying to submit at the first possible moment, I'd wait a day. Even if you are first, not only do you have to wait until June 24th to be transmitted with everyone else, your place in AMCAS queue doesnt have alot to do with your place in each individual med school's queue.

Do you know what time AMCAS opens for submission on the first day? 12:01 AM?