AMCAS Verification Times

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alexander99

Ghetto Fabulous
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know I've posted this a couple times before but I'm convinced AMCAS is taking longer to verify my application than for other people. If you were verified recently (in the past 10 days), can you please post your application transmitted, active, and verified dates? Mine are:

Transmitted: 9/17
Active: 9/24
Verified: Not yet (it will be 5 weeks tomorrow)

My proverbial axe is show sharp right now I could make dozens of heads roll. . .

:mad:

Alexander

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted mine 8/27.

I was not verified till 10/17, which is about 7 weeks.

Originally posted by utzy22
I submitted mine 8/27.

I was not verified till 10/17, which is about 7 weeks.

You can't really go by your application submitted date; it's the active date (the date they received all your transcripts and you got in line for verification) that matters.

For example, you may have submitted your application online 8/27 but if they received your transcripts on 9/17, then it only took a month to verify.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied: 09/04
Active: 09/25
Verified: 10/15

However the transcript that was waited on contained only 1 course. I say it won't hurt to call them at this point.

Originally posted by edik
Applied: 09/04
Active: 09/25
Verified: 10/15

However the transcript that was waited on contained only 1 course. I say it won't hurt to call them at this point.

I knew it. I became active before you and somehow you were verified a good 2 weeks before me. I don't think it matters how many courses are contained in the transcript they're waiting for. What matters is when they've received everything and you officially become active.

I tried calling and e-mailing them. All they basically tell me is that my transcript has been received and it can take as long as 6 weeks before I'm verified. The person on the phone went to tell me it's taking the full 6 weeks for verification (which I knew wasn't true because people who were active around the same time as me were getting verified after 4 weeks.)

Can anyone else give me some dates?

you are right. I don't think it matters how many courses you took. I had 180 total credit hours which is a lot more than an average pre-med students. The reason is 'cause I am a graduate and I all took post-bac classes.

But anyway....

Active - 9/25
Verified - 10/15 Mine was verified the day after my august mcat score came out which proved to be perfect timing.

So that makes 2 people that were both active on 9/25 and were verified on 10/15 (two weeks ago.) My only consolation is that I think someone on here posted that she went active before us (9/14 or somewhere along there) and she wasn't verified until 10/21. She also had several transcripts while I only have one.

i was active on 10/15 as well, and am still not verified. knowing my luck, i'll be the single last person to get verified.

the frustrating thing about it is that, some schools are allowing me to print my application and bring it to them. in fact, i have an interview on monday, but there is no way that they can really consider accepting or rejecting me until my app. is verified.

Active 10/3. Still not verified. I have many transcripts though. Pre-high school college courses, college courses and grad school courses. I hope they get to me soon! Good luck...

These dates are not encouraging for me. It seems like everyone that went active in September have already been verified. I was active 9/24 so if I start seeing people that became active in October get verified, I know something is wrong for sure.

Submitted: 9/22/03
Active: don't remember but I think a couple days after
Processed: 10/9/03

It only took mine about two weeks, but I had my transcripts sent in July. I have a theory that they do all active applications a half a month at a time.

tm

Active: 9/26
Processed: 10/22 10:00 am

I know the purpose of this thread isn't to recieve advice. Here's mine anyways. Give AMCAS a polite phone call or e-mail, just to ask them how long it might be before you are verified.
I did this every time the process seemed to have stalled, and usually within hours I was on the next step in the process. Good luck.

Umm...completely off point, but you're all applying for the year entering MS for 2004? When can we begin the process for entering 2005?

dc

Originally posted by rgporter
I know the purpose of this thread isn't to recieve advice. Here's mine anyways. Give AMCAS a polite phone call or e-mail, just to ask them how long it might be before you are verified.
I did this every time the process seemed to have stalled, and usually within hours I was on the next step in the process. Good luck.

That's what I keep hearing (that it helps to contact them). I'm going to call them tomorrow--they seem to just send generic e-mails back. I saw someone else's post on here and they were active 2 days after mine and they were still verified a while ago (way before mine.) Why can't they just verify them in order?

Originally posted by woowoo
some schools are allowing me to print my application and bring it to them. in fact, i have an interview on monday, but there is no way that they can really consider accepting or rejecting me until my app. is verified.

Woowoo, which schools let you print out your app. and sen it to them. Did you just call up the schools and ask them about it?

I waited quite a while and then called. After I called, my application was verified pretty quickly (within a week).

Active: 9/01
Verified: 10/20
Total waiting: 50 days, over 7 weeks!

Submitted 6/3/03
Verified 6/6/03

AMCAS is quick, efficient, and I have no complaints. Don't know why everyone else does.;)

Active 9/26 or somewhere around that.

I gave them a call to see what step my app was and all they would say is that it was in line to be verified, all transcripts had been recevied and it can take up to six weeks. I tried to find out what step of verification it was on or why it took so long, but the lady wouldn't tell me anything, just that it can take up to six weeks and that is the way it is. Why does this have to be soo frustrating.

Woowoo which school do you have an interview at so fast and which ones are letting you print out your app?