amcas verification?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by holycow, Apr 11, 2007.

1. holycow

holycow Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I have heard before that you can send in your primaries before you get your mcat score...first of all is this true? Secondly, if this is true and if i have taken the mcat once before and didn't do well, and will be taking it again in may and wont get the score until end of june, would it be bad to send in the primary application (due to the possibility of getting screened out?)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. holycow

holycow Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  4. QuakerPreMed

2+ Year Member

I'm pretty sure that if you flag on AMCAS that you're taking the MCAT again, schools won't consider you "complete" until the new scores come in. I would submit early (which yes, you can do) so that AAMC has time to process your AMCAS before they get too busy.

5. Mastac741

Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I applied to 23 medical schools without taking the MCAT first. I took the MCAT, it was graded and automatically entered itself in my application.

Just so you know, schools will not even pick up your application until your MCAT score is graded and inserted into your application. I applied in June - took the MCAT in August. No one even looked at my app until October.

6. holycow

holycow Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    but amcas can still be verified right? as long as you are taking your mcat again, you shouldn't be prescreened?

7. ParvatiP

ParvatiP Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    yes