AMCAS verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

govhonors

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone who took the may 11th mcat had their AMCAS verified yet? i'm just curioius how long it will take...

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard people say that it took 3 days, and I've heard people say 2 weeks. I think it varies depending on how swamped AMCAS is. Good Luck!

As soon as they have transcripts they'll put you in line to be verified. Took most of us about 2-3 days so far, but they may be getting busier. During peak time it can be 4-6 weeks.

They aren't going to wait on your MCAT scores to verify as long as they have the transcripts :)

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you tell on ur AMCAS app that ur transcript has been verified? I got the AMCAS email about 2 weeks ago telling me that my transcript had been received. Currently under status, it just says not submitted to AMCAS. And next to my coursework section, it says completed. So does that mean i'm verified?

How do you tell on ur AMCAS app that ur transcript has been verified? I got the AMCAS email about 2 weeks ago telling me that my transcript had been received. Currently under status, it just says not submitted to AMCAS. And next to my coursework section, it says completed. So does that mean i'm verified?

No, the completed under your coursework section just means that you've completed filling out that part of the application. If you click on the link under status, it'll give you a bit more specifics about your transcripts (whether they've been received and all). You don't get verified until after you submit your application, and you get put in a nice long line that's growing by the day. The turn around right now is about 4-5 days, and it'll only get longer as the semester goes on.

Oh, I'm from May 11th, and I just submitted today. I'll let you know when I get verified.