AMCAS Verified but no secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SarahGM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all... my AMCAS was verified last week (8/13). It's now Tuesday and I still haven't heard anything from any schools, via email or regular mail.

How long does one typically wait before hearing back from schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi SarahGM. I think waiting times to hear back from schools will vary between different medical schools. It has only been a week for you and that is not that long of a wait yet. You also have to consider that some schools require a hardcopy (paper copy) of the verified AMCAS application before they further process your application. There are literally thousands of AMCAS applications that some med schools are going through in order to select which applicants are going to receive a secondary application or not. Plus there are schools that send out a secondary application to all of its applicants. The best advice for you is to get some passport sized photos taken, LOR's in order and ready to go as soon as you get a secondary application and most of all, be patient about the process. It can be hard at times but what else can you do. Good luck in the process and stay positive!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

i was processed last week also and have yet to hear anything from schools (except the ones that sent me their secondaries 3 weeks ago). anyone know how long it took their secondaries to start coming in after processing?

Superk0725,

Like I said in my previous post, the time will vary between schools. It can take some time if the schools are swamped with many applications and are sorting through them. Hang in there......you'll get some secondaries in the coming weeks.....Good luck and stay positive. :clap: