AMCAS Volunteer Hours Mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nkg1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Forgot to edit the number of hours I volunteered. Grossly over-exaggerated by putting in 3500 instead of 1500, my actual. Is there anything I can do? Total idiot move, I know.

call amcas and see if they'll do anything. otherwise, just be honest if asked about it. BTW massive props for owning up to your mistake.

You will probably have to call them and ask if that can be changed since it cannot be edited after submission.

Members don't see this ad :)
Considering how different that number is from reality, you might consider emailing each school to let them know so they add the correct information to your file. There's no point in doing so now, however, as schools don't get your file until June 27 at the earliest, even if they were verified on June 3.

Considering how different that number is from reality, you might consider emailing each school to let them know so they add the correct information to your file. There's no point in doing so now, however, as schools don't get your file until June 27 at the earliest, even if they were verified on June 3.
27th or 17th? I've heard 17th.

Forgot to edit the number of hours I volunteered. Grossly over-exaggerated by putting in 3500 instead of 1500, my actual. Is there anything I can do? Total idiot move, I know.

Hopefully your friend won't anonymously send letters to the medical schools you've applied to

Reactions: 7 users