AMCAS - When?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeithKow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just sent in my AMCAS today (July 1) because i wanted to get my MCAT scores first and then review more schools. i thought this was reasonably early but now i'm reading people's posts talking about how they sent them on June 1st asap. Should I be worried or is this just an example of typical premed student "analness" in getting everything done ridiculously early and making normal students feel like crap?

Members don't see this ad.

Didn't worry about a thing. July 1st is just fine. Try and stay on top of the secondaries as best as possible. If you know of others or have friends who received their secondaries from schools to which you applied, ask them for a copy of the application so you can start working on the essays before getting your application. This will decrease your turn-around time getting them out. Good Luck.

July 1st is fine. Several of my friends sent their applications in during the months of July and August, and they were accepted. I sent my AMCAS in June 3. It's a personal habit of mine to send in everything early and be early for anything. I developed it during high school. For some premeds, being early is usually done by being "anal" and competitive. For others (including myself), it's a force-of-habit developed over time.

------------------
And the blessings just keep coming!

takuna, matata.

there is nothing that u can do about it, so why worry.