Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

AMCAS Work and Activities

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by Fedxup, 01.15.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Fedxup

Fedxup 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I worked a short term job (3 months) at a seasonal store. This was over 3 years ago and I want to list this on my AMCAS application. I have only held two jobs, both 3 months each. The problem is I don't remember who the manager was, so I don't have a contact name to list. The store was seasonal so I can't really call up the store and ask who the manager is. What should I do? Should I not list this on my application? Who should I list as the contact person? Any tips?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Catalystik

Catalystik Providing herd protection SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Verified
    Physician
    Verified
    Faculty
    I suggest you list both under Employment, titling it Short-Term Employment or Seasonal Work. For the one you don't recall, give the store, address, etc, and for the contact list Store Manager (for the first and last name) or somesuch, and the main phone number for the store at that time, even if it doesn't exist anymore. (You can add a note that the place is no longer operating.) Alternatively, you could list a coworkers name if you recall one.

4. Fedxup

Fedxup 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Thank you so much! I was so confused as to what I should do. Thanks again!

About the ads