Amcas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avinash

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

So aytmy school if you get a F and then re take the class and then lets say you get a B, then they will count the B towards the culmative gpa, but the F will still appear on the transcript. My qeustion is, how will AMCAS treat the two grades? Will they include the higher one or will they average them out? Will they count the F even though it doesnt count in my schools culmative gpa?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

avinash said:
Hey,

So aytmy school if you get a F and then re take the class and then lets say you get a B, then they will count the B towards the culmative gpa, but the F will still appear on the transcript. My qeustion is, how will AMCAS treat the two grades? Will they include the higher one or will they average them out? Will they count the F even though it doesnt count in my schools culmative gpa?

Thanks

All grades on the transcript get counted by and listed on AMCAS. Thus in effect they are averaged.

avinash said:
Hey,

Thanks

Yeah that same deal screwed my AMCAS GPA. I have a lot of retakes of really bad grades, and that dropped my GPA .25 on AMCAS.