Amcas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seminolepremed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question!

I sent my AMCAS application in the beginning on July, but it has yet to be verified. However, my GPA has already been calculated.

Will it not be verified until I take my MCAT?

I thought I would get the application in to schools and at least get some secondaries before my MCAT scores are up.

Thanks in advance. :)

Members don't see this ad.

My AMCAS was verified before I even took the MCAT...as long as they have your transcripts and AMCAS, you're in the queue. Check the verification thread to get an idea of how long it's taking.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks!

Will adding more schools/LORs move me down the queue ??

sorry, not trying to hijack, but I have a similar question. I have been holding off on submitting my AMCAS :)bang:) due to a transcript and waiting on an email. Can I go ahead and submit, and then later have my transcripts sent in? I'm getting worried about having this sent in so late....

thanks!

Will adding more schools/LORs move me down the queue ??

No, your spot is secure; you can add more schools/LOR at any time.

sorry, not trying to hijack, but I have a similar question. I have been holding off on submitting my AMCAS :)bang:) due to a transcript and waiting on an email. Can I go ahead and submit, and then later have my transcripts sent in? I'm getting worried about having this sent in so late....

Yes, go ahead and submit if everything is finalized but your app won't be added to the queue until they get all your transcripts. However, it took like a week and a half for them to "process" my transcript (which, I believe, means checking off that they received it so that my app would be complete) plus like 3 weeks for verification after that, so you should def hurry.