American Applying to Egypt Med School?!! HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thefallqueen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So I am an Egyptian born but I receive my highschool diploma from the US and I want to apply to get into Alexandria Medical School.

Basically, what grades do you think I need?
I have usually A's or B's and my average is around 94 and it fluctuates from 97 and below.

I have a 1910 on my SATs and I got a 5 out of 5 on my AP (advanced college-level) biology. My aergaes for Physics and chemistry are in the 90's.
I took two years of college level classes and got an A- in physics 1 and 2, while an A+ in Calculus.

Do you think I could get in?
And what are the steps?

Members don't see this ad.

*BUMP* Come on any egyptians or foreigners that attended those colleges?

Hi thefallqueen ,
i am a medical student in alexandria faculty of med. , i got in with an american high school degree too . here all you need is your SAT I score and your SAT II and your GPA from school , you enter in a sort of matching process among applicants with american degrees , they calculate a comparative score out of your SAts and GPA and match it with others' scores , for example , if there were 10 open spots in alex university and 15 applicants , the 10 with highest scores get in .so it is about how you compare to others
However , if you got accepted in another university you can transfer to alex in the same year .
in my year they accepted only very few with american diplomas , the lowest one to get in had 1970 in his SAT ,however , many people got accepted with as low as 1600 SAT into other med schools in egypt and transferred to alexandria.
http://www.tansik.egypt.gov.eg/application/LimitAD.htm
this is the government's official "university matching " sites , the numbers you see are the "comparative scores" , by end of summer they announce the university matching date and so , you have to apply from egypt
hope that helped

Members don't see this ad :)
Why move to Egypt if you're already in the US. You know how many students/graduates wish they can continue their education after college in the US? Also, it's a hell of a process if you receive your medical degree from a non-US university and tried to go back. You'll still have to do equivalencies, training, and other stuff, plus you might NOT match to any residencies.

Do yourself a favor and go to college in the States if you want a bright, fruitful future. Even if it wasn't medicine, any field overseas in far superior to medicine in the Middle East. Don't waste your time in Egypt or any other Arab country.

PS. I'm a recent Egyptian graduate from Pharmacy School, Alexandria.

Why move to Egypt if you're already in the US. You know how many students/graduates wish they can continue their education after college in the US? Also, it's a hell of a process if you receive your medical degree from a non-US university and tried to go back. You'll still have to do equivalencies, training, and other stuff, plus you might NOT match to any residencies.

Do yourself a favor and go to college in the States if you want a bright, fruitful future. Even if it wasn't medicine, any field overseas in far superior to medicine in the Middle East. Don't waste your time in Egypt or any other Arab country.

PS. I'm a recent Egyptian graduate from Pharmacy School, Alexandria.

well .. getting into a medical school in US is VERY competitive , not to mention the fees .. and if she graduated from here or there , either way she will have to sit the USMLEs just like graduates from american med schools .
But if she is an american citizen it would be much easier for her to get a residency in the US than for non american IMGs .
i know a few friends who chose to study medicine here over the US .
but i know what you mean , and i agree with it somehow ...