American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halothane

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
<a href="http://www.residentweb.com" target="_blank">www.residentweb.com</a> seems to have a great discussion group for AAPI. Infact the site is great for physicians in training...lot more pertinent information based on your speciality...sheesh why did I not find out more about it before...SDN is a waste of time, also too many technical problems, too slow, too many non- residents and way too many non physicians...!!! Residents check out residentweb.com if you already have not!

Members don't see this ad.

Halothane,

AAPI has ALWAYS been a useful source of information and support for foreign graduates. Regarding residentweb.com however, if one is compelled to make a comparison, then in all fairness, after perusing both websites, i must say that residentweb.com does not compare to SDN. Ever since medschool.com closed its doors, this has been the best source of advice and info. I did not find it necessary to register until very recently when i thought i should give back for all the advice on this forum that i benefitted from. Hope you change your mind.

Well truly sad that medschool.com closed....I actually had benefitted immensly from medschool.com and infact can owe my entire prep. strategy to the website. But now that i am making a transition to residency I was looking for a place where I can find some substance...resident web has a sleepy forum but you will also find that the people frequenting it being mainly physicians the posts are decent and intelligent, to the point and do not regress ( sometimes dragging you along the regression ride). See if I am wrong....some " genius "is gonna come along in this thread and start a controvery with harsh words, personal attacks and then degrade the whole thing into a silly argument( typically you have a hyperenthusiastic med student, PA, RN who come and and do this)

PS I actually was referring to the stuff like pertinent information regarding your speciality etc. on residentweb.com . Just thinking out loud thats all, wondering if more studentsdocs should "graduate" to residentweb when they become
residents....

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks halothane!
I just joined this forum very recently after being a passive member for a long time. I :clap: agree with you completely.

Thank You...so guess not a bad idea for some of the residents from here to start posting on <a href="http://www.residentweb.com" target="_blank">www.residentweb.com</a> and the AAPI section for those who are members....it will be kinda nice and exclusive!

Just a reminder:

SDN = STUDENT DOCTOR network

residentweb = RESIDENT web

Hence, the relative dearth of residents here and plethora of medical students and pre-med types. Its all in the name boys...