american board of osteopathic psychiatry and neurology exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serimeri

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
If i am going to be finishing up an MD residency, can I still take the DO Board exam? I am a second year right now and I would like to be active in the osteopathic community later on and possibly work as a clinical professor at a DO school. I was wondering if I can take both boards (MD and DO)? I know the residencies may merge but I was wondering if boards would too? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,
If i am going to be finishing up an MD residency, can I still take the DO Board exam? I am a second year right now and I would like to be active in the osteopathic community later on and possibly work as a clinical professor at a DO school. I was wondering if I can take both boards (MD and DO)? I know the residencies may merge but I was wondering if boards would too? Thanks

You are in the transition period of the AOA-ACGME merger. During the transition period, you can take the AOA boards as DO graduating from an ACGME program.
http://osteopathic.org/inside-aoa/s...ystem/Documents/board-certification-chart.pdf
You would be eligible for ABMS certification as an ACGME graduate

Last edited: