American/Canadian Dual Citizen Applicant..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gavanshir

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm a dual citizen and I'm wondering how this would affect me as an applicant. I'm planning on applying to both Canadian and American schools but I dont know if its possible for me to apply to US schools if I dont live in the States.

Will I be considered an out of state student or an international student if I dont have a US address? (Is there a difference between the two or are international students also considered as out of state?)

How will my chances be affected? Will I be in the same pool as all of you?

Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

You will be considered out of state applicant if you apply to state schools. However, you are not an international student since you have American citizenship.

You will be considered out of state applicant if you apply to state schools. However, you are not an international student since you have American citizenship.

I am wondering which schools are friendly to dual citizens (canada & US). I am attending Canadian school and would like to apply US schools. Does any one gone through the process as a dual citizen and attended Canadian school? Thanks for your help.:love: