1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

American Dental school advice

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Canadian boy, Jun 3, 2001.

1. Canadian boy

Canadian boy Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Helllo, I am a canadian who is interested in applying to american dental schools, but I am confused as to where I should be applying. My GPA is around 3.4-3.5, and my DAT scores are around 19. If anyone could reccomend any schools that consider canadian students, and that I qualify for, It would greatly be appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Manboob Extraordinaire
    10+ Year Member

I am Canadian Too!!Althouhg i am from ny now.
    Some schools I can suggest that do not differentiate b/w Canadians and Americans are Case Western, Tufts, Boston, New York University, and Temple. I had similar stats at the time of my interviews and got interviews at all schools. There are a few others but they aren't coming to my mind right now, but I suggest you get a copy of Admissions Requirements of American and Canadian Dental Schools(this might not be the exact title) published by the American Dental Association. This book is what I used and it tells you GPA and DAT info, public or private schools, which have interviews, which dont, how many international students the school accepts as well as whcih states there class is from, etc. etc. I tshould be very helpful for you.

4. bad_hombre

bad_hombre Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah i guess it's easier to get into a school in the states. 3.9 GPA for U of T?
    85%(3.8) for Western? These averages are comparable to Harvard's! we'll see what my 3.7 gets me...