American graduated dentist moving to hong kong

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

js329

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone, I graduated dental school last yr and i'm now doing my residency in US, but i'm interested in practicing in Hong Kong. I called HK dental association and was told that I would have to take a 3 part exam which include written, and 2 practicals. Does anyone know what are good studying materials for written? And if anyone has gone through the practicals, can you share what you are asked to do? I'm sure US and HK standards are a little different. Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

hi everyone, I graduated dental school last yr and i'm now doing my residency in US, but i'm interested in practicing in Hong Kong. I called HK dental association and was told that I would have to take a 3 part exam which include written, and 2 practicals. Does anyone know what are good studying materials for written? And if anyone has gone through the practicals, can you share what you are asked to do? I'm sure US and HK standards are a little different. Thanks a bunch!

Hi,

Here is the link to the dental council of HK. I hope it will help you.
http://www.dchk.org.hk/tc/index.htm
:luck::luck:

what exactly are salaries like for general dentists in HK? I thought they were much lower than in the US, wouldn't you have issue playing off your loans?

it's around 65-100k. I guess i would be living on a tight budget, however, tax is not nearly as bad as US, so i get a little break there.