General Admissions & OTCAS American International College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naijagirl90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anybody apply to American International College for Fall of 2014? and if so, have yall heard anything back from them?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied last year and was asked for an interview late February, if I remember correctly. Ended up being accepted but I went to a different program. If you have questions about the program or area, let me know, I know someone that goes there for OT. Are you from MA?

I applied last year and was asked for an interview late February, if I remember correctly. Ended up being accepted but I went to a different program. If you have questions about the program or area, let me know, I know someone that goes there for OT. Are you from MA?

I actually live in the West Coast. How does your friend like the OT program at AIC? Is the area around AIC safe? How long after you replied did you hear back for an interview? I applied in the beginning of September and still haven't heard anything back yet

Members don't see this ad :)
I also applied to this program back in September and have not heard anything back.

I actually live in the West Coast. How does your friend like the OT program at AIC? Is the area around AIC safe? How long after you replied did you hear back for an interview? I applied in the beginning of September and still haven't heard anything back yet
Not to knock the school choice down but it's in a pretty rough area. During the interview i asked what the passing rate was for the boards exam, i was told they were working on changing the curriculum because it was only like a 65% rate. Where else did you apply? My friend said his classmates are really nice, he said some of the courses they took this fall were online. Springfield has nice areas and rough areas, the school is a nice facility but unfortunately is in the rougher area. They do offer a good amount of financial aid

Not to knock the school choice down but it's in a pretty rough area. During the interview i asked what the passing rate was for the boards exam, i was told they were working on changing the curriculum because it was only like a 65% rate. Where else did you apply? My friend said his classmates are really nice, he said some of the courses they took this fall were online. Springfield has nice areas and rough areas, the school is a nice facility but unfortunately is in the rougher area. They do offer a good amount of financial aid

Is there alot of crime in this area of Springfield? I applied to Usciences, AIC, Ithaca college in New York, Jefferson College of Health Sciences in Virginia, West Coast University in Los Angeles and Gannon university in PA. How long after you applied did you get called for an interview? Did they contact you via email, phone, or mail?

Is there alot of crime in this area of Springfield? I applied to Usciences, AIC, Ithaca college in New York, Jefferson College of Health Sciences in Virginia, West Coast University in Los Angeles and Gannon university in PA. How long after you applied did you get called for an interview? Did they contact you via email, phone, or mail?
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/05/springfield_ranked_12th_most_d.html
Yeah it does, I don't want to scare you or anything but if you ended up going to AIC I would suggest living outside of the city. My friend does the OT program at Springfield College but she lives in a nice little town called East Longmeadow, which is only about a 10 minute drive to the school. If you did live in Springfield, you just have to use common sense. I know another friend that lives there, he was in his apartment doing homework and went upstairs for a minute... when he came back downstairs, someone had broken in and stole his laptop, wallet, TV, iphone, and his roomate's stuff. Terrible luck.

AIC had sent me a letter with a phone number to call to set an interview date/time. If you live super far away, maybe they would have a phone interview instead. I applied to the school in December/January (hard to remember!), and got the letter in February.

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who applied to AIC and got interviews or acceptance would you mind telling me your stats? (GPAs) I recently applied there and was just wondering how competitive they were. Thank you!

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/05/springfield_ranked_12th_most_d.html
Yeah it does, I don't want to scare you or anything but if you ended up going to AIC I would suggest living outside of the city. My friend does the OT program at Springfield College but she lives in a nice little town called East Longmeadow, which is only about a 10 minute drive to the school. If you did live in Springfield, you just have to use common sense. I know another friend that lives there, he was in his apartment doing homework and went upstairs for a minute... when he came back downstairs, someone had broken in and stole his laptop, wallet, TV, iphone, and his roomate's stuff. Terrible luck.

AIC had sent me a letter with a phone number to call to set an interview date/time. If you live super far away, maybe they would have a phone interview instead. I applied to the school in December/January (hard to remember!), and got the letter in February.

Thank you for the information!!! I wouldnt want to live in area where I wouldn't feel safe. So, if I get accepted to AIC, I would be living in another city lol Where did you end up going to school?

Thank you for the information!!! I wouldnt want to live in area where I wouldn't feel safe. So, if I get accepted to AIC, I would be living in another city lol Where did you end up going to school?
worcester state. worcester isn't the nicest city ever (not as dangerous as springfield, but really not that fun), but im really liking the program so far.

my application is under review at the moment, but I am so nervous I just want to hear back already!

Members don't see this ad :)
after april first is what the email had said. which I got on my birthday so I freaked out! I thought it was a possible acceptance/rejection, but it was only an email informing us of our applications being under review. it was a relief haha, but yeah idk I know some school say they will let us know by a certain time but I still keep checking everyday

I received an acceptance letter today in the mail. I already decided to go somewhere else and will not be accepting but I figured I would post because it came earlier then expected!

I received an acceptance letter today in the mail. I already decided to go somewhere else and will not be accepting but I figured I would post because it came earlier then expected!
Congrats :) did you do an interview with them?

N
Congrats :) did you do an interview with them?
no I didn't! I thought they interviewed that's why I was kind of shocked! My online portal said that a decision had been made and there was a link to an acceptance page, but I got my letter in the mail the same day

N

no I didn't! I thought they interviewed that's why I was kind of shocked! My online portal said that a decision had been made and there was a link to an acceptance page, but I got my letter in the mail the same day
congrats again :) When did you apply?

i found out i was accepted today!! it was through the online portal. i will be attending there this fall :)

Would you guys mind sharing your stats? I plan on applying there for the class entering in 2017, and it might be one of my higher choices simply because it's so close to my Undergrad/ I am very familiar with the area.

i found out i was accepted today!! it was through the online portal. i will be attending there this fall :)
I was also accepted! I will be attending fall as well.. Do either of you know what day classes start for us?

Also do either of you know stats on passing the NBCOT exam? Or getting a job after? Percentages...

i am not sure exactly when claases start yet, which would be nice since now im starting to look around for some sort of housing. last year the percentage on passing the boards was 100% according to their website, but idk their stats on getting a job after graduating

i am not sure exactly when claases start yet, which would be nice since now im starting to look around for some sort of housing. last year the percentage on passing the boards was 100% according to their website, but idk their stats on getting a job after graduating
I called the school and they said the 100% pass rate as well! they also said they have never heard of any problems with getting a job after from graduating from aic... I am starting to look for housing too, but I've never lived on my own before so this is all new to me. It would be awesome if we could communicate more privately.. I'd like to give you my name and stuff so you could look me up on fb, but not for the whole world to see lol. I just think it would be beneficial since we are in the same program and need a place to live.

I called the school and they said the 100% pass rate as well! they also said they have never heard of any problems with getting a job after from graduating from aic... I am starting to look for housing too, but I've never lived on my own before so this is all new to me. It would be awesome if we could communicate more privately.. I'd like to give you my name and stuff so you could look me up on fb, but not for the whole world to see lol. I just think it would be beneficial since we are in the same program and need a place to live.

Hi Meggie OT! I was accepted to AIC's MSOT program for the Fall as well! I'm super excited and also from Texas, so the move will be a pretty big one. I've found a great house in Longmeadow about ten minutes away from the campus. It's a three bedroom, and I'll be taking one room and there is already an engineer who lives in the third room, so there is one open. I've been posting on a few AIC facebook pages trying to find a female roommate to fill the available room, as the landlord said any help I could provide in finding one would be greatly appreciated. The person in the available room is an OT student as well, but they are graduating in December but can move out before August. The rent is $525 a month plus utilities, and I've searched everywhere through tons of listings, and this is literally the best place I've found. Please message me for pictures of the house and more info if you're interested -- the landlord has also put it on Baypath's grad board so I don't know how long this room will be available. Please let me know what you think, I'd love to live with other OT students :)

Hi Meggie OT! I was accepted to AIC's MSOT program for the Fall as well! I'm super excited and also from Texas, so the move will be a pretty big one. I've found a great house in Longmeadow about ten minutes away from the campus. It's a three bedroom, and I'll be taking one room and there is already an engineer who lives in the third room, so there is one open. I've been posting on a few AIC facebook pages trying to find a female roommate to fill the available room, as the landlord said any help I could provide in finding one would be greatly appreciated. The person in the available room is an OT student as well, but they are graduating in December but can move out before August. The rent is $525 a month plus utilities, and I've searched everywhere through tons of listings, and this is literally the best place I've found. Please message me for pictures of the house and more info if you're interested -- the landlord has also put it on Baypath's grad board so I don't know how long this room will be available. Please let me know what you think, I'd love to live with other OT students :)
I'm from sugar land tx and looking for a roomie and its difficult finding a nice place. Help me , does your place still have open space.

Last edited:
I'm from sugar land tx and looking for a roomie and its difficult finding a nice place. Help me , does your place still have open space.
Hello! I'm sorry, no it doesn't. Good luck on your search!!