• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

preDPM

10+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Podiatry
Ok, let me be among the first to start a thread that will surely be about bashing this new school, which I am almost certain would be taken apart once people find out what it offers.

This school is apparently located in many places around the world:D Their main "campus" is based in Phillipines and they are starting classes this year!

Name: American Medical University (AMU)

Let the fun begin:laugh::laugh::laugh:

bleudsky

MD, DPAFP
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
Manila, Philippines
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
there's going to be another medical school even if there's a decreasing number of medical students (& some established medical schools are closing down because of low enrollees)?

i haven't heard of this until now. what school year are they going to start & where is this located?

About the Ads

tantrum

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 30, 2005
Status (Visible)
If it's not even recognized by Philippine authorities, it's a scam. They're taking advantage of Westerners or Indians trying to get to med schools. If it's not even in IMED , you'll have a problem with ECFMG.

tantrum

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 30, 2005
Status (Visible)
The students will also have problem getting licensed in many states IF ANY OF THEIR BASIC SCIENCE SUBJECT (1st 2 years of med school) is taken ONLINE.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.