American Medical University (AMU): New School in Phillipines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preDPM

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, let me be among the first to start a thread that will surely be about bashing this new school, which I am almost certain would be taken apart once people find out what it offers.

This school is apparently located in many places around the world:D Their main "campus" is based in Phillipines and they are starting classes this year!

Name: American Medical University (AMU)

Let the fun begin:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

really??? so tell me more about your amu... where is it located?

there's going to be another medical school even if there's a decreasing number of medical students (& some established medical schools are closing down because of low enrollees)?

i haven't heard of this until now. what school year are they going to start & where is this located?

Members don't see this ad :)
If it's not even recognized by Philippine authorities, it's a scam. They're taking advantage of Westerners or Indians trying to get to med schools. If it's not even in IMED , you'll have a problem with ECFMG.

The students will also have problem getting licensed in many states IF ANY OF THEIR BASIC SCIENCE SUBJECT (1st 2 years of med school) is taken ONLINE.