Hopefully Future Dentist

2+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Alright so i am an American citizen doing my undergrad degree in Canada, i am trying to apply to dental schools in america. I was just wondering if anyone would know would i be considered an international student or just an out of state?! Plus should i do the Canadain Dat or the American one?!

CallMeDoct

2+ Year Member
May 21, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Alright so i am an American citizen doing my undergrad degree in Canada, i am trying to apply to dental schools in america. I was just wondering if anyone would know would i be considered an international student or just an out of state?! Plus should i do the Canadain Dat or the American one?!
Do the American DAT if you are planning to go to an American dental school. For sure, you won't be considered international, but not sure if you'll be considered OOS of all 50 states lol. That would be awkward. Maybe you'll be in-state of the state in which your parents live. Call some schools.

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
With one exception, US dental schools require prerequisites to have been taken at a US institution.

DJI

2+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2016
Status
Dental Student
With one exception, US dental schools require prerequisites to have been taken at a US institution.
Incorrect. I'm a Canadian from a Canadian University who is now attending a US dental school. Many Universities here offer courses that are one to one with American courses.

Reactions: CallMeDoct

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
Yes, Yes, Yes. It applies to international students other than Canadian and possibly others. The available information is somewhat vague on this subject. TY.

Last edited:

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
Yes, Yes, Yes. It applies to international students other than Canadian and possibly others. The available information is somewhat vague on this subject. TY.